Big things are happening at the McIntier household. First off Molly becomes better everyday at getting into and destroying things. Nothing too serious but the books are starting to take a beating since the bookshelf is one of her favorite places to go. It's getting to the point where I should never underestimate what she is capable of because it changes every minute. She can now easily pull herself up on almost anything, before she could do it, but it was an effort and it was only on certain things. Now every time I come to get her in her crib, she's standing there waiting for me. I was pretty impressed with this since she wears little sacks when she sleeps. I thought they would make that more difficult for her, but she seems to manage. Jonny says that this probably indicates a future as a potato sack race all star, I guess we'll have to wait and see. She is also able to walk along things while holding on. Her favorite thing to do is walk along the edge of the tub and then switch over to the toilet...like Michaela and Dustin, I see toilet locks in our future.
Also new in Molly's world are teeth. Yesterday she had a runny nose which was a first for Molly. I just thought some dust or something in the air was bothering her, since my baby is perfect and will never experience any illness (you can laugh at me now). Today however she was particularly grumpy and so I thought I would consider teething and felt her gums. Sure enough, it seems as though she may be the owner of a new tooth soon. I had considered teeth to be some distant occurrence. I didn't get any until I was a year and it always seems as though the signs of teething are also things that babies just do...like drooling and chewing on stuff. She's always done those things, so nothing new there. I'm hoping that it's teething that has made sleeping such a problem lately. It's seems as though anything to do with sleeping has become a problem now. For naps it's getting her to fall asleep. It's become extremely difficult, she fusses horribly regardless of what I do. If I just lay her in her crib (yea right, like that would work) she screams. If I rock her she squirms and hits and screams. At night when I put her down she goes through several false starts before I really get her to go to sleep and even then sometimes she'll only sleep 4-5 hours before she's up again. I realize some people would love 4-5 hours, but Molly has teased us with 8-12 hour (mostly 8) nights, so 4-5 hours sucks! Also when she's up at night it's hard to get her back down again. Even with nursing I might end up putting in a hour at night trying to get her to stay asleep. This pretty much blows, but I'm grateful that things tend to change quickly.
Also worth mentioning is that Molly is clapping and Doing the sign for "mommy". I wouldn't have believed it except I noticed her doing it while the mommy montage was going on her baby Einstein video. Now she isn't really using it or anything, but she definitely is mimicking the movement. One cool thing about the clapping (as well as waving) is that I can now ask her (without doing the motion) to say hello/goodbye or to clap and she'll do it...sometimes. I know this shouldn't be too amazing, she is a little human after all, but it tends to blow my mind when she learns things.
Well I don't really have any pictures to correspond with my stories, but here are some of the latest Molly pictures, I know most of you have already seen them on facebook or at my house but some of you (Ramsey) have not, so I'll post them anyhow.
Learning to drive stick in Grandpa's Vette!
Hanging out with Daddy.
Molly's friends, A-hole and B-hole
Your posts never leave me disapointed and always make me laugh out loud! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy Molly likes the 1st signs dvd. Does she have a crush on Marlee Maitlyn like Landon did? He always went apeshit when Marlee came on. Cool she does the sign for Mommy! Landon never picked up on the signs...until AFTER he could also say the word. Now he religiously signs the word "more" while saying it also. It's funny. Great post! Love you guys!!
Okay, I have more to say!!!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if Grampa will be willing to part with the vette by the time she's 16? She looks too cute in it! That's a "Davis" thing right? Ridiculously nice 1st cars? ;-)