Thursday, July 16, 2009

Molly Mac: "American Girl"?

So I just found out today that there is a Molly McIntire character in the "American Girl" collection. I doubt anyone remembers American Girl books and Dolls since they were just getting started when I was a kid and if you aren't hanging around school aged girls, why would you know? Basically they're historical fiction about little girls in various point in time I did read a few of the "Samantha" (the Victorian era girl) books when I was a kid, but I only vaguely remember that there was a Molly, let alone a Molly McIntire. Molly McIntire (I'm having a really hard time spelling it that way) is their WWII era girl. Part of me thinks it might be fun when she gets older to have a doll and a character that she shares a name with. Part of me is horrified at the idea that my kid, who name is already borderline "too cute" will also have basically a cartoon character with red pigtails, green eyes and glasses that she shares a name with. Granted, its' not like her name is Pipi Longstocking or anything, but still, if her hair comes in red (which is some lights it still kind of looks reddish), and her eyes turn green (a possibility, since her eyes are still pretty blue), I might have to consider changing her name. (Not really) So to end this, Molly Mac: American Girl?
















2 comments:

  1. Only the brilliant have a doll and a character named after them! I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you'd find Missy, Bobby & Tickle-me dolls! I do hope she doesn't end up resembling that doll too much though! Kind of Chucky-scary-looking! Love the latest pic where she's laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ramsey. My sister has this doll, as well as all the other American girls, and I grew up terrified that they were going to murder me in my sleep. Here's a free parenting tip, don't let your 7 year old kid watch Child's play!

    ReplyDelete