Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crib Notes

Well since Dustin has resorted to harassing me on facebook, I better get going on another post! Actually I need the tough love seeing as I'm apparently not doing a baby book, sorry Molly Mac, mommy sucks at that kind of stuff. If I keep this up, I can feel less guilty about the whole baby book thing.

I haven't posted lately, because there really hasn't been much to post about. The only big thing is that Molly has been sleeping in her crib more and more, and she now spend every night there. She seemed to want to sleep on her side which really didn't work out so well in the Amby baby, so I thought I would let her give the crib a try. She is really into sleeping on her side and at night she almost always ends up on her stomach. I'm not thrilled about this especially since she frequently has her face crammed onto the mattress despite my efforts to move her. I know that they say once they can do it themselves, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it and that they are probably past any severe risk, but I would appreciate if she would at least leave a visible air passage. She's been doing really well once she's asleep (before is a whole different story) she usually sleeps for at least 8 consecutive hours followed by another 3. As I mentioned above getting her to sleep is a whole other story. Since we don't have the sweet sweet rocking motion of the Amby baby to lull her off to dreamland, I'm left trying to play the part of sandman. Sometimes its great (she nurses herself to sleep :-) sometimes it takes some effort. Sometimes it ends in tears (mine and hers). Actually she doesn't really cry much as long as I'm rocking her and she even falls asleep pretty well...the trick is getting her to stay asleep. Imagine you've just spent 15 minutes dutifully rocking your peaceful baby to sleep, you gently lay her in her crib, she rolls over pops her head up and starts checking things out as if the past 15 minutes never happened. Not to be set back, you start again, this time it only takes 5 minutes, your feeling victorious, you set her down...same thing. Repeat this about 8 times and you have a fussy baby lying in her crib while mom goes to find some sort of blunt object to poke her eyes out with (mine not hers, I'm not sick) Thankfully this isn't every night, unfortunately they're the ones I remember.

While I was relieved that the transition to the crib went so well, I found out the hard way that she is soooo over the Amby baby now. Last Thursday we took a quick overnight trip to Carlsbad, CA to visit some family. I thought she would just nod off in the Amby like she did so many times before...wrong! The Amby baby is soooo two weeks ago so we had a longer night than usual. Regardless, it was still nice to introduce her to some of her family that hasn't met her yet. Unfortunately I'm a bad mother and I really only took a couple pictures. So here's one from the trip along with some other recent shots.

Hanging out with cousin Allison in Carlsbad. My only CA picture :-( at least it's a good one.



Hanging out with cousin Madeline before bedtime.


Hanging out with Granny after a generous helping of gruel.

That winning Molly Mac smile!

Jonny took this video a while back on his cell phone but we just got it on our computer. I think it's pretty cute, but I'm biased.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back...we missed your sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! She's the cutest little baby girl I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't you just live for those squeals?

    ReplyDelete