We of course also had to go and see what was happening at Plaza Paint. She'll probably take after me and spend the majority of her childhood at our family business'. If she goes the way of her Aunt Meredith she'll be putting in heavy hours of hard work by the age of 10.
It's been interesting to watch in the past two months what a huge difference walking has made in her development. It's like overnight she's a walking talking toddler who can go anywhere and do anything, or at least attempt it. Of course when things don't go her way, she is also capable of throwing a tantrum or temper tampers as my brother THINKS they're called. I need you guys to let me know if any of you have ever heard of that term before. It's temper TANTRUMS not temper tampers...he's crazy. I will admit though that Temper Tamper is a much cuter word, so I think we'll go with it. He's always been good at inventing words.
I'm starting to realize that about 75% (made that up) of Molly's pictures are of her eating in her high chair. I guess it's because she is always doing something I think is clever in there. It's probably also because her chair keeps her in a stationary place for more than a second, so it's easier to take pictures of her there. Otherwise I'm chasing her, trying to snap my fingers, whistle...whatever I can think of to do to get her attention. I'll finish with a series of Molly in her chair.
I'm not quite sure why, but almost every meal ends with at least one foot on the tray. She's also taken to trying to eat with her feet as well. I may have had something to do with this. One day I stuck a chunk of banana on her toe while she was eating...whoops.


One of the benefits of having a husband in the farming industry is the fresh produce. Jonny brought home some amazing corn the other day, and it was a big hit with Molly too. It's amazing how much better things are when they come straight from the field or better yet our garden. Actually it isn't that amazing at all, it makes perfect sense.
We don't do baby food much anymore, but if I'm slacking on cooking dinner, or if she just isn't into what we're having, we still give her a jar here and there. Well today she was trying to drink from the jar, so Jonny had the genius idea of giving her a straw and letting her drink her peas that way. She didn't drink too much, but it was pretty funny that she went for it at all.

Slurp!
clever idea with the straw...hmm, has me thinking to try that since Miss Kate loves using the straw.
ReplyDeleteI love how you whistle or snap at your child like she is one of your dogs...I tend to do the same and Blake comes running, it gets confusing for both Blake and Kate around here.
Never heard of temper tampers before either, but I think it's a cute term! Love your recent pics, especially the yoga position from your previous post. Reminds me of the time you, me and Michaela attempted a yoga class back in the day and couldn't stop laughing!
ReplyDelete