I know I need to quit being surprised, thinking my child is some sort of genius every time she does something clever, but watching how quickly she figures things out continues to blow my mind. You'll just have to bear with me. The other day at the paint store I was being a negligent parent and not paying 100% attention to her. At one point she found an object of her obsession: the spigot button from the water cooler. The cooler is like 40 years old so it just pops right off. So of course within 5 minutes she's over it and had moved on to...let's say foam brushes. Now I have no idea where she has put the button (negligent mother and all). I start looking for it but realize quickly that it is unlikely to show up being that there are a zillion place that it could possibly be many of which are concealed. I decide as a last resort that I would ask Molly, she's the one that lost it, she's the one who should be responsible for finding it...right? So I show her where the button should be and I ask her where and while I'm doing it, I sort of feel stupid. Even if she does know what I'm saying, she probably doesn't remember it. But no! I wasn't giving her enough credit. She started sort of meandering around and at one point I realize that she is pointing out to me, with her foot, where the button is. Freaking genius! Then the other day I had one shoe on and was looking for the other one. Without any prompts, she brings me my other shoe. I know, I know, this is something that a retriever could also manage...but not any that I've ever owned.
It was so cute. Yesterday Molly went to visit her cousins and at one point she decided to give Lorelei a hug. It did however reach a point where Lorelei starting becoming uncomfortable with the length and intensity of the hug, and desperately wanted to be removed from the situation. I don't blame her...it was getting a little awkward.
Playing nice.

Playing Nicer. "Someone get this kid off of me"

Molly's new thing is wearing her sunglasses in the car. It cracks me up. She's so serious about it.

Okay, so we can't get enough of the kiddie pool and the pictures just can't be stopped, I'm sorry.
She was all about draining the pool once she figured this out.

Showing some teeth

She looks like some sort of evil warrior with some sort of magical hose sword. Or maybe like Landon, it's a Harry Potter spell...aguamente?

She wouldn't do it in swim class but now she's all about blowing bubbles
Daddy 1st

Then Molly

Despite all of the pool pictures, this is what we're doing most of the time.

yours hugs, mine pulls hair. nice.
ReplyDeleteHa! She had two "time outs" today for hitting me...and I conveniently forgot to mention the toy that was thrown suspiciously close to Lorlei. We should get the girls together soon and let them duke it out!
ReplyDeleteSince Landon was born, I've easily been able to categorize his life into 3 stages:
ReplyDelete1 - The dogs are smarter then Landon
2 - It's anybody's game...
3 - Landon is smarter then the dogs
Sounds like Molly is pulling into the 3rd stage of life! I love the sunglasses picture!!