I guess I'll start with my title. My mom and I have been curious about the "My baby can read" program and the other day she got it for us to try. She had done a similar program with me when I was a baby and it worked, but she decided not to go through with it and so I ended up like all the other stupid 6 year olds learning to read in 1st grade. So now we know where my future as a genius went awry...but it's alright because there is still hope for Molly. So far she's actually learned to recognize a few words. The first word in the book is "eyes" and if I ask her what it says, she'll say "EEEYYSSEEE" however it also sounds strikingly similar to another word she likes to say which is "IIICCCEEE" so I'm not convinced she's made an actual connection. She does really and truly recognize the word "dogs"....shocker. When she sees it, she makes her little "woof woof" noise in recognition. If anything she' really likes the books and the video, so even if she isn't reading "Anna Karenina" by age 3, it won't have been a total failure.
The other day Molly found a way to combine her love of phones and shoes. What could be better than a shoe phone? Just a side note about the whole phone thing: Molly calls phones "hellos" and she calls out to them frequently. What's funny about that is that my world traveler brother informed me that in Nepal (where he'll be hanging out for 10 weeks very soon) they also call cell phones "hellos". Of course if Alexander Graham Bell or Mr. Burns had their way, Molly would be calling them "Ahoy-hoys" (that Joke is for Jonny).
"Ahoy Hoy"
"Yes, yes, invest in porkbellies" She looks so important!

Well I just don't have the will today to reorder all of these, so you'll just have to look at them as is. I'm sure you'll manage. As usual it's hot out...so last weekend we had Molly go crazy in the sprinklers/pool. she had a great time.
Well I just don't have the will today to reorder all of these, so you'll just have to look at them as is. I'm sure you'll manage. As usual it's hot out...so last weekend we had Molly go crazy in the sprinklers/pool. she had a great time.
In the end she was mostly interested in her stroller that was on Mere's front porch. I was pretty impressed with this maneuver.
No comments:
Post a Comment