Sunday, June 12, 2011

All about Tracy

How do you like that Tracy? I named the whole post after you! Unfortunately though, I'm probably going to expand to topics other than Tracy. Sorry Tracy. Somehow, Tracy has avoided the typical military family life of moving every few years, and has managed to stay in Yuma for the better part of the past 16 years. Sadly her luck has run out and she and her family are off to Fl. Yesterday Molly and I went to a farewell BBQ and Molly had a blast swimming, socializing with the many youngsters in attendance, and even playing a little tailgate toss with her new buddy Tracy. In case you've never seen tailgate toss I'll describe it. You may have played a more complicated version in kindergarten on "brag day", it's basically a board with a hole and some beanbags, you can figure out the rest. Molly is an expert at it...as long as she's cheating. I should have taken pictures, but I've been really bad at taking pictures this week. It's just as well though,
because Tracy informed me that she didn't think I needed to post any other pictures. Good Luck in Fl, we'll miss you!

So since I've been terrible with the pictures lately, I'm just stuck with stories. I'll start with the ones that I left out of the last post. While we were hanging out with Michaela last week, Molly was full of antics. The first one involves her obsession with all things canine. She was so in love with Steve and Rachael's dog Cash that at times it got a little out of hand and she had to be reminded to tone it down a bit. At one point Michaela sat her down and told her that maybe it would be better it she just petted Cash with her eyes. So Molly took the literal meaning of this, and started rubbing her face all over Cash. I was laughing so hard I was crying.
The second involves contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I left Molly sitting on a chair while I went to get a glass of water and when I got back, I was informed that Molly had found an abandoned cup of sangria and helped herself. I'm guessing she had a pretty small amount since she didn't seem to have any ill-effects as a result. She did however inform me that it was yummy. Yikes.
Then there's Sea World or as Molly has been calling it Sea Horse, not sure why. Last Thursday, Ramsey and I took Grayson and Molly and met up with the Burgess' and Steve and Rachael for Sea World fun day. Of course I have no record of it, because I forgot to put the memory card back into my camera. I'm the worst. I'm guess though that soon enough if you check the Morris blog or the Burgess blog, there will be some Molly Sea World pictures. Sea World was super fun though and I got a huge kick out of how excited Molly was to see all the animals. The 1st show we went to was the Orca one and when they jumped out of the water, she squealed with delight. It was so funny. She was also a huge fan of the sea lion and otter show (who isn't). I'm hoping that Jonny and I can make it back really soon, like, before late July/ early August.
Lastly, this weekend Mere's friend Trish and her family were staying in the guest cottage. Molly thought this was great because she's completely enthralled with Trish and Dave's Daughter's Laurel and Kendal (I believe they're about 9 and 7). When she was first introduced to them, she was told that they were sisters. Since her only concept of "sister" is "baby sister", she named them the baby sisters. She loved the baby sisters and I loved that they would hang out and play with her. I'm starting to think I messed up this age distance for siblings. I can see how having a little helper might have been good idea. Wish I had thought of that 8 years ago. Oh-well!

1 comment:

  1. I keep checking out your pregnancy ticker....only 56 days and probably a lot sooner than that!! Cute pic of Molly & Tracy!

    ReplyDelete