Friday, October 14, 2011

Buzz Kill

So, I'm a complete buzz kill.  I've always been this way.  Even when I was a kid I was always ruining every one's good time with my downer attitude.  This is the complete opposite of Molly who is determined to have a good time and go crazy.  Today Molly went on a shopping trip together and I had almost forgotten how much she talks when we're out and about.  95% of the things she says start with "Mama can I please..." and 95% of my answers are "NO!".  I feel bad about killing her buzz, but in the end I think the world is a better place when I don't let my kid disassemble an entire aisle at Target.  So then we get home and it's time for a nap and she's going bed jumping crazy.  I loved jumping on the bed when I was a kid and so it hurts even more when I have to step in and kill the buzz.  The truth is though that when she falls off and busts her head, just like the monkey's had forewarned, I don't want to deal with the blood and crying.  Then there's my buzz kill theme of the day:  You can't have a balloon (she asked about a dozen times today).  Jonny bought her balloons (he's definitely not a buzz kill) and really that should be okay, you blow it up, she runs around with it for the day, but no!  It's not that easy.  Jonny taught her that if blow up a balloon and then let go of it, it goes flying, so that's all she wants to do with them.  This can be a pain in the ass for me since she can't blow a balloon up and she has an insatiable appetite for watching balloons fly.  The whole thing is compounded because the particular balloons we have are really terrible balloons that pop after only a few flights.  Super messy and super load is a recipe for me killing a buzz.
Anyhow, on to the pictures!
This little dress was mine when I was a baby.  When Molly was a baby we took her picture in it on Mere's front porch, so we did it again.
She wasn't into the bonnet, but she endured because she's such a congenial baby.

We're getting ready for Halloween!  Molly's going to be a chicken and Maggie's going to be a chick sitting in her egg.  My mom is going to make them for me because she's better at that stuff than me.  Here's Molly during one of her fittings.  I considered that maybe she could be the stay-puffed marshmallow girl, but we're still going with chicken.  It's really awesome.
Can't believe it, but Maggie's going to be 2 months old in a couple days.  She's getting so big and she's so unbelievably happy and sweet.  Everyone should  be so lucky to have a baby like her.

1 comment:

  1. You "buzz kill" mama YOU! It's ok, I'm a total buzz kill too! Love the picture of Molly & Maggie wearing the bonnet....cute little smile!

    ReplyDelete