This baby on the other hand seem to love to sleep. Not to brag, but last night she slept from 7:30 until 4:45...over 9 hours! Totally insane. I know that I keep bringing up the sleep thing, but seriously after Molly's questionable sleep habits, this is amazing. Repeat after me: Don't get used to it. Don't get used to it...
Gran and possibly the happiest baby on earth (although she doesn't look it here). Check out her long sleeved duds! It was a bit chilly yesterday! At least for an August baby.
So yesterday after her couch nap, Molly was walking around in the kitchen when she started crying and altogether freaking out. I finally get it out of her that her foot hurt. I try to look at it, but every time I get near her foot, she looses her mind. After almost 20 minuted of fussing and crying I figure out that that she has some sort of splinter in her foot. I keep trying to convince her to let me try to get it out, but despite all of my bribes she kept screaming at me, "Don't touch me! Don't touch me!" and "Don't hurt me! Don't hurt me!". I decided to just leave her alone and let her calm down, which seemed to work except anytime she wanted to go anywhere, I had to carry her since she refused to walk. She eventually graduated to tippy toeing everywhere, but she still wouldn't let me touch her. Later that night, my mom helped me convince her to let us get it out. We put some Orajel stuff on it which she seemed to approve of (just a tip for anyone who might have a similar problem in the future). When I finally pulled out the splinter I couldn't believe it. It was about 1/2 inch long and some sort of super thin metal wire. My mom suggested that maybe it was from a little wire brush bristle that had somehow been tracked into the house. Now I understand why she was pitching such a fit. Poor thing.
Poor Molly! Ouch! So I guess I should start telling my patients that Orajel has additional uses :-)
ReplyDelete