Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Plastic Tree

O plastic tree, o plastic tree. I really f@#$ing hate you! Next year my desire to not vacuum everyday might be outweighed by my hatred of this tree. Actually now that it's up, it doesn't seem so bad, but when it was being put up and I was reminded of all it's shortcomings...a portion of lights with a short or something, various holes that I could excuse in nature, but seem unnecessary in a man made tree, a top that doesn't work with our star, and instead of smelling like pine, it smells like dust. I admit, I was filled with a frustration that can only be brought on by a major holiday.
I started decorating the tree Sunday evening after everyone was asleep, but I thought it would be fun to let Molly help me a little, so I saved some special ornaments for her to help me with in the morning.  I'm not going to say that I regret this, but I will say it made things more difficult. For every ornament that went up, 3 came down. No one can accuse me of taking the "Christ out of Christmas" for as many times as I said "Jesus Christ Molly".  Whoops.  Can't wait to hear that one fired back at me.  Why is it that all of the things you say that they repeat back to you have to sound so hilariously adorable for better or worse?
One for the tree
Three for me
It only took 24 hours to complete the masterpiece, ha!
Can you spot the dead lights?  Should have taken this picture 1 minute later.
Other festivities include:
Maggie's outfit
and Santa!


It's also been kind of cold (those of you from places colder than Yuma-everyone-can laugh) so it's starting to feel Christmasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment