Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dancey Dance

I've been thinking that Molly should probably try out a dance class for awhile now.  She's always showing off her moves for us and she loves to use the porch at the two story as a makeshift stage for her performances.  Yesterday I called to see about getting her enrolled and BAM!  Next day she's in a class in a leotard with brand new ballet slippers.  Needless to say, it was hilarious.  I think for her first day she did pretty good though.  Especially for a kid who I'm convinced is the worst selective listener ever..."Huh?"  I didn't take any pictures of the actual class (would it be weird if I did?) but here she is afterwards sporting her new duds.
Maggie might as well be mobile these days.  I can put her down, leave the room, come back in 5 minutes and she'll be 3 feet from where I left her, going after some random toy that probably says 3+ on it.  I may have to hide every one of those toys until a later date.  Hopefully that doesn't start a riot in the house.
Here she is hanging out in the playroom in her Bumbo.

Joining in on one of Molly's tea parties.
These books are Molly's favorites (This is our latest blog book).  Why shouldn't she love looking at pictures of herself?
So, the other day she saw this post in her book and saw how she was eating her baby food with a straw.  She then followed me around begging me to let her have applesauce with a straw.  I got her a little cup full, but Nooooo!  She wanted it out of the jar...just like the picture.
Permissive parenting?
Seriously I can't say it enough.  Maggie is the sweetest thing ever (Since Molly).  Do you know what she did tonight after I pushed her past bedtime at Molly's dance class and then fed her in the car (not as nice as the boppy)?  She drove all the way home almost completely contentedly, and then went to sleep by herself in the Amby.  She doesn't do this all the time or anything, but sometimes, she does and it blows my mind.
It was a tad bit chilly the other day.  I took advantage and had her wear my old baby hat.  I think she looks cuter in it than I ever did.  I'm pretty sure my Mom agrees.

I'm not going to complain too much about this since I've pretty much been waiting for this day Molly's whole life, but last night Molly broke my heart a little.  After I read all the bedtime stories, she asked me to stay for a little bit.  I did and while I was laying with her I was thinking about how nice it was since she was mellow, sleepy and snugly.  As if she could read my mind, she said "Mama, you should go now".  Made me a little sad.  Tonight she fell asleep in the middle of the story and so I said "Goodnight Molly, I love you" I thought she was completely out so I almost got a little teary when she whispered "I love you too" eyes still closed.  Funny how they can erase a whole day of "pain in the ass" with one little gesture.

3 comments:

  1. How fun she's in dance now! I can't wait! Love her pose in the new leotard & Maggie is just as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed that is all it takes - "I love you too" - to erase their annoying antics! Kate has been super sweet with me giving me kisses, hugs, and telling me "I love you mommy". Melts my heart!

    Maggie is so freaking cute. You and Jonny make the cutest babies ever, I say you make more! No - we are not ready for another! Don't think it. Don't say it.

    Where did you put Molly in class? I want to put Kate in gymnastics. Today she told me that she is a princess now, not a ballerina. Kids are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are done! I don't think we should push our luck...quality could possibly drop off steeply from here :-)

    ReplyDelete