These first pictures are from a beach somewhere in the Monterey area.
Coming back from Monterey, we had this genius idea that we would take the 1 back to San Luis Obispo. We knew that it would add extra time, but we thought it would be fun and that the girls would be sleeping anyhow. Of course they didn't really sleep much and then there was the car sickness. Thankfully no one tossed their cookies, but we did have to stop and get air a lot more than we had figured.
Poor thing.
The only positive from that leg of the trip was this one beach. I don't know exactly where it was, but I think it was call Sand Dollar? Anyhow, it was really pretty and a nice distraction for car sick little ones.
There were a few surfers there and Molly is convinced that she can surf too. I told her she should master swimming first, but she's not buying it. Here she is showing us her moves.
Moving on, we eventually ended up back in the Carlsbad area for my cousins baby shower. There we met up with my parent and had an actual, real beach day with swimsuits and everything. Not just falling in the water and ruining a perfectly good pair of pants...again!
Little Chickasaw
Maggie did some digging with her face.
We had dinner at Ruby's and Molly got this bitchin' princess hat made for her. In true Molly fashion, she was saying, "Look at this hat that I made!"
Then on the way back, we hit up Sea World 1 more time and this time, she took this great picture with a creepy walrus admiral.
Cookies were a recurring theme throughout our vacation. At one point, Molly must have sensed that I had heard enough pleas for cookies and switched things up on me. She instead said "Mom, I think I want something that kind of crunchy and has chocolate chips!" when I asked her what that could possibly be? she said "Well I guess you'll have to use you're imagination" Little punk!In other news, Maggie took her first steps two weeks ago and although she's not quite there, she's starting to try and walk a lot more the past 2 days.
I haven't written anything about words she's using, mostly because I'm not really sure what they are. With Molly there was a clear first word, but with Maggie it's a little foggier. I'm sure that she's saying Dada for Jonny and something that sounds like "Thank-you" when we hand things back and forth. Occasionally I think she says something for "diaper" and today I swear she was saying "toes" and touching Molly's feet. She's kind of all over the place with language so it's hard to tell if it's a word or just some random babble. I'm convinced babies know more than we give them credit for, so I'm pretty sure she's chatting up a storm!
Great beach pictures! Looks like you guys had an awesome time :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love the beach pictures. I'm pretty sure it's hard to take a bad pic at the beach. Also, I'm shocked Jonny owns a pair of swim trunks. I thought for sure he always wore jeans.
ReplyDelete