Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Molly and Maggie's house

I'm a little behind and have too many pictures, but I guess I'll just go chronologically. We had the Morris clan over for dinner a week ago.  The kids had a good time running around outside in the heat. 

Grayson showed us some new sliding techniques

The cruised around. (I LOVE this picture)
We of course had plenty of watermelon.

WE attempted to get them all together for a picture.
I'm guessing Ramsey has a coordinating picture of Molly.
Molly took this one too.  Daddy, doing some cool tricks.
While they were over, the 3rd member of Bri-Tri ;-) was never far from our thoughts. We kept track of her progress online. You kind of feel lazy just sitting around when you know your friend is out there somewhere running 100 miles.   I don't think I need to tell anyone how completely awesome she is.

This past weekend, our friend Allysia was visiting and we all got together with all of our kids.  These kids are really starting to add up.

Now here it is:  Molly and Maggie's place.  I'm thinking of moving them out.  We've talked about getting a playhouse.  We considered building one of our own, but this Sam's Cub special was just too easy to pass up.  Jonny managed to overcome poor technical writing and some questionable engineering to make it happen.
She loves it.  It's too funny.  It has a doorbell and she makes us close the door and ring it so that she can properly answer the door.  It also has a little play phone, so she takes lots of calls.
She took her breakfast at her bench this morning.
She kept wanting to make funny faces instead of nice ones.
Looking a little too pleased with herself if you ask me.

Here's princess Molly.  Such a little priss.

In other news: My kids don't sleep.  I suppose that's not really news.  At least not to me.  Molly was fantastic from 2-3.  She'd go to sleep and sleep 11 hours without bothering anyone.  Then a little after her birthday, she slowly started increasing the number of days where she would come into our room. Now for the past month she's been up almost every single night.  There isn't any clear reason for it, other than she wakes up and wants to see us. It's getting old.  Especially when you pair it with Maggie who still consistently wakes up twice a night except last week where 3 was apparently the magic number.  Maggie is also becoming really difficult to get down for her naps.  I thought that she might want to drop a nap, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Now instead of nursing to sleep, she just beats up on me (hair pulling/biting with her 2 teeth/head butting/screaming) for an hour.  Thankfully the 2-3 times a night that she gets up, she does not do this.  This morning Molly had come to our bed around 4 and fell asleep on my head.  I'm not exactly sure what time, but I think it was probably around 6:30, I started hearing Maggie stir, so I turned the monitor volume down so it didn't wake up Molly.  I fully intended to get out of bed right then and go get her, but I was so tired that I fell back asleep.  I'm guessing around 40 minutes later I jolted awake remembering what I was supposed to be doing.  I felt terrible.  She was so sad.  I'm not sure she's forgiven me yet.  I miss sleeping so much.  I hope someday I can do it again.  I kind of think I'm a better person with it.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Kate wants that playhouse from Sam's Club but we told her she had to wait until Christmas...I am glad you guys cave more than we do:-) We will have to come over to play house.

    You poor thing with no sleep. If it makes you feel better my child no longer sleeps. That sleeping for 12 hours straight is long gone! Kate now goes to sleep close to 9pm. We start putting her down at 8, but for an hour we get - "I have to PEE!" along with others questions and requests. So annoying. She usually falls out of bed once a week screaming at the top of her lungs. She`then wakes up at the ass crack of dawn...and she is fighting us on naps.

    On another note I kept Kate for 6 days straight! I survived! I don't how you do it! I LOVE our babysitter so much!

    ReplyDelete