I'm just going to start with the most important thing: Knock Knock Jokes. Molly has been into them for awhile (she has about 3-4 that she rotates) and now Maggie has mastered one too (sort of).
Anyone familiar with Yo Gabba Gabba (or knock knock jokes) has probably heard this one before, but it's by far the favorite in our house.
Knock Knock
Whose there?
Interrupting Cow.
Interup...MOOO!
If you watched the video, I think it's pretty clear what Maggie's favorite part of that joke is.One thing that has happened in the past couple months is that I have moved into the future and actually own an iPhone now. Now I'm taking semi blurry pictures on my phone because it's handy, when my camera is not. Oh-well...most of my childhood pictures are blurry Polaroids.
So here's some cell phone pics
Uncle Ben retired from the Marines after 20 years of service! Here's Maggie celebrating appropriately at his party with watermelon.
She's just screaming "country club" in this outfit. It's really too much.
Molly did some shopping with Daddy. In case you were wondering, there is NO lengua in my refrigerator. Just this lovely picture to remember it by.
We had peaches! They were pretty good and Maggie was really into picking them. Even if they weren't ready. What was really funny though was that Maggie also wanted to do the same thing at our nectarine tree a few weeks later, but since Jonny put up netting to keep the birds out, she just ran around it yelling "peash!, peash!" Worked well for birds and babies.
I'm pretty sure that they love each other for at least 20 minutes a day.
Maggie has become a decent sleeper. I won't say "good" because she still gets up at 5, but she's better than she used to be. You can judge, but crying it out has been part of the reason she's been better. It wasn't part of my plan, but she was 18 months and still wanted to nurse 3 times a night so I ended up doing it. I would have stayed with her, but she would hit and scream even if I was there, so I eventually gave up and left. Anyhow, fast forward to now, she still nurses before bed, but then I put her down by herself to go to sleep. Lately, after I leave, she has been getting up and going to the white noise maker I have by her crib and instead, playing the cheesy music that it has. I personally don't think the music is particularly calming, but she's been happily going to sleep with it. I do have to go and turn it off before I go to bed so that we don't have to listen to it in the monitor all night. Today my mom called Maggie a "ragamuffin". She has been known to do a rag DOLL walk as seen in this video, but ragamuffin seems harsh. She did want to make it clear that she didn't blame Maggie...she blamed me. I can only assume that she means that Maggie has inherited a disheveled gene from me.
I think these pictures show a different side to her. She loves dressing up in Molly's princess garb and dancing
Magic!
We have tomatoes! Maggie is really into Moes. Every time we get out of the car, she yells "I pick moes!" and trys to run away to the tomatoes.
Maggie Moe.
She's SOOO pleased with herself when she gets in Maggie's chair. Notice she also has her favorite tool: scissors. She used those recently to give herself a trim. I had to laugh when she got her "report card" from preschool and they showed that she had not yet mastered scissors. I guess they didn't notice her new layers, which truthfully, are not that terrible when you consider she's a four year old with safety scissors.
Big news from today: Molly got a medal! She participated in the Olympiad for her gymnastics's school today. She did awesome.

She of course wore it for the rest of the day. Even though she pretty much only wore her panties for most of the day.
I make no promises, but my parents are heading back to Joplin tomorrow, so maybe I'll be better about updating.




No comments:
Post a Comment