Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Apple Picking

I suppose 110 degree days aren't exactly what you might imagine for apple picking, but Yuma weather makes growing stuff a little different. Since it's Yuma, the apples are hit and miss. Last year they were pretty mealy and we just threw them away. This year I thought that's what we'd do again, but my mom picked a few and and made an apple crisp with them and it was pretty good, so I thought I would attempt to use them.
Molly was sad that we had picked them without her, so Jonny put her on his shoulders and let her get the ones up high.
Then Maggie was sad, so I had to put her on my shoulders and let her pick a few more.
They got new matching nightgowns and were pretty pleased.
We spent some time in Carlsbad last weekend. They HAD to go on the train at the mall-then they just sat there stone faced the whole time. I guess it was disappointing.
The Ruby's car was WAY more fun. Even if it didn't go anywhere.
We hung out with my cousin Allison and her family at the aquatic center there. 
Happy baby Remi, Gael, and the girls. They had a lot of fun playing together! Thanks to Allison and Pablo for a good time and a great dinner!
M&M's melt in your mouth, not in your hands! Hershey bars just melt in your hands. Children are filthy slobs.
We also went on an unplanned walk to the beach. I didn't remember to take any pictures because as I get older and as my children get more adventurous-I think I hate the ocean and I'd say all natural bodies of water even more. Honestly even pools freak me out, although I do feel a little more in control of that.Maybe when  they're better swimmers I'll feel better about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment