Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dance Party USA

We'll start here and go backwards.  Molly and Maggie had their dance recital last weekend. Every year I wonder what I was thinking signing up for this nonsense-it's a lot of hours to put in with little kids (some of which are later than we're used to). There's also just air of stress that seems to linger around backstage. Then every year I see her do her performance and she looks like she's enjoying herself and is totally adorable and I soften. This year with Maggie in the mix I softened even more. I didn't know if Maggie was going to make it to the recital. She loves to talk about dance class, but she always  does her whole separation anxiety thing when it's actually time for class. So I've signed her up and pulled her out and signed her up and pulled her out over and over again. She made it to the end this year! She even let me leave her in the chaos of backstage so I could watch from the audience. We'll probably be back for more punishment next year.
Madeline says: "such a little pro" hahaha. 

This was the best picture I got of the girls together. Our little beauties!
It may look like she's giving me a pre show fist bump, but really this is her "I'm just going to hold my breath because I'm freaking out that you're going to leave me with a bunch of crazy people" face.


We had Lydia, Allysia, and Ramsey over for a crazy Bel Air Estates neighborhood reunion with all but 1 of our kids. They all had a blast running around and whooping it up.  Can't wait to do it again!
Can't believe they're all mostly looking at the camera.
Club life is hard.
Maggie bubbing it up Aunt Cassie's going away party.  Jonny's family is abandoning us! We're going to miss them! We're also kind of happy we have a nice cool place to visit in the summer.
The saddest day of my life! I totally cried for so many reasons. 1) My baby is a first grader (I know that's not that old, but still...)2) We love Molly's teacher and we're going to miss her so much (I couldn't even make eye contact with her) 3) We're going to miss Alice Byrne so much! I know I have serious sentimentality issues with Alice Byrne, but we had a good year there and it's sad to leave.
Hopefully we're making a good decision! If not, I'm blaming Holly (good thing she doesn't read this!).
Kate and Molly big old first graders!

Where we left off last time: Diamondbacks game! We survived! There were a few "I'm boreds" but they loved the rhythmic clapping,  ice cream and cotton candy. 
Summer is in full swing. We don't have any big plans, but I'm sure we'll have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment