Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bumbo

Since my parents are headed back to MO for a couple weeks, I'm going to have to get back into this and keep them updated on all of Molly's happenings. A couple exciting things have happened in Molly's life lately, believe me I totally understand if you could give a shit because I was there once too. "Oh wow! Little Jenny learned how to pick her nose...amazing!" Now I have a little different perspective. First off, now the babies are my friends babies, not my acquaintance's' babies, babies that I'm not afraid to hold...except maybe Landon, he might break my back...BEEFCAKE! Also think about the hand eye coordination that it takes to pick one's nose...I never considered this before. Yesterday, before she left, my Mom thought Molly was ready for some reaching and grabbing and sure enough she was into it. This morning I took some pictures of her holding a rattle that she had deliberately wanted in her hand...not just accidentally mind you. She immediately shoved it in her mouth...this might have been an accident but who knows? She's also taking something in one hand and then grabbing it with the other as if to give herself some extra control. I know, I know, freaking amazing! But I'm impressed and Gran is impressed and that's what's important. Here's actually some breaking news on this front. I had Molly on her changing table just now and I was talking to her and putting my face down by hers and she reached up and grabbed my glasses off of my face. I was thoroughly impressed. I'm sure this adorable act will become obnoxious shortly. I wonder if you can get a Lenscrafter's account? Watch out Grayson, Molly's getting grabby too. Here are the grabby pictures.








Also as the blog is tittled, I bought Molly a Bumbo. I know that Michaela had graciously offered to give me Landon's old one, and I'm sure it would have been great, but when you're walking through the store and you come across an adorable pink Bumbo how can you resist if you have a little girl. Jonny probably could have...but I couldn't. We didn't know that Molly was a girl until she made her appearance, so now I try to get my hands onto every feminine thing I can afford...damn you Pottery Barn Kids! Anyhow if you don't know what a Bumbo is...just look at the pictures and you'll figure it out pretty quick. Anyhow, she loves it and is happy to sit and hang out with us. These pictures are in Jonny's Garden. Good times!

well, this one's in her Crib, which she enjoys since her dog's can make the floor a dangerous prospect. Our goal is to keep Riley's tail out of Molly's face for as long as possible since I'm pretty sure it could cause irreversible damage.
Incidentally, Molly has taken her first "bad" picture in her Bumbo. Sorry Molly, it was bound to happen with all of the picture's we're snapping.

not to worry, these are better!

6 comments:

  1. Can someone please explain to me why the formatiting in the "compose" window is completley different than the "preview" which is then completely different than the actual blog. I know I'm not a computer genius but I didn't think I was that stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out Grayson! We have another Grabby Grabberson in the family! I can't believe how well she sits up the the bumbo already! Kind of looks like Jonny in some of those pics...I can't really decide who she looks like. She's her own little person. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly Mac is adorable! I know what you mean about being excited about your child's "firsts." I was so excited today because Kate finally made eye contact with this contraption that is around the handle of her baby carseat/carrier. It is a frog with little spinning things and if you touch the eyes the frog plays music. Today Kate smiled (not cry - yea!) at the frog and started to touch/spin the frog. Since I think my child is a genius I believe she was trying to get that frog to make noise! Coincidence perhaps - but let me bask in the moment and believe she was trying to make the frog play that silly music (that lingers in your head all day long). Also, she grabbed her burp cloth the other day and Chris and I thought that was amazing!

    That is cool that you got Molly in her bumbo...Kate has one too and since we can get her to sit, er lean, on the couch maybe we will try out the bumbo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sits up really well in the bumbo! I can't believe how much bigger she looks, just from a couple of weeks ago. She is a doll...I love her...and love that you had a girl so i totally understand the sudden need for "pink" and femine things :-)

    I have no idea about the formatting. It's annoying. Maybe Dustin can help???

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Formatting sucks. It's the worst part about the whole thing. I end up having to come up with these amazing blog posts, then spend another hour fiddling with it until it looks right in the "preview" screen. Sorry!

    The pictures are great. Mic is right, she looks way different already!

    As for Landon being a beefcake...are you calling my kid fat?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all need to come to the dark side and get a Mac. In fact, Kate now types all her own blog updates on her iMac....ok, bullshit flag on that one. But really, we have no problems on our Apple computer. I just type, add a pic or two and press the post button. Perhaps this website was designed for those dorks that sit in the Starbucks on their macbooks and update their blogs?

    ReplyDelete