Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy Bee

As I said we would, we had a lot going on in the past week. Molly "graduated" from swim class, we had Uncle Chris and Aunt Stephanie visiting, and we had two parties! Needless to say there are way too many pictures and everyone of them has Molly's little mug in it. Of course there was also the day to day drudgery...eating, sleeping (or not), and bathing. I have to say it was nice to have a distraction from the day to day stuff and today I'm feeling a little abandoned. Chris and Stephanie left as well as my parents (they're in MO for two weeks) Jonny's back at work again and Mere never stops working, so it's just me and Molly left to fend for ourselves. I'm being dramatic of course. It really isn't that bad, actually maybe if I'm not constantly seeking out time with my family, I can get something done...or maybe I'll just go Netflix on demand crazy, it could go either way.
Here's Molly enjoying her celebratory Popsicle after completing swim class. She wasn't ever able to conquer the frog slide fearlessly, but she did blow bubbles in the bathtub last night, so I guess swim classes were worth it, especially since she got a Popsicle
Getting dressed after swim.
On Saturday we had a little get together for the combined celebration of Chris and Stephanie's 1st wedding anniversary, my birthday and my mom's birthday. In the end it was mostly about Molly though.
Showing aunt Cassie her frog.
Aunt Stephanie, Molly and her frog. She REALLY love that frog. It sings all sorts of songs that all seem to blow her mind and get her dancing. My favorite to watch is the "Twist" because she actually does a little twist action, it's pretty funny.
Mere's friend Carrie came over with her family and Madison and Elyse helped out Molly with the sit 'n' spin. Molly usually has a little warming up period with adults, but it was fun to see that for kids she was willing to override it. I guess that it's important to make exceptions when there is vital information like how to use a sit 'n' spin at stake.
After the party My parents, Karen and Danny, and Chris and Stephanie stuck around and we watched the casino fireworks on our balcony/roof thingy. It's kind of fun that we can see them from our house. The show they put on is way better than anything I remember seeing here in Yuma, so it's pretty cool.

On Sunday we went to my mom's for a 4th of July BBQ. Molly had her obligatory 4th of July watermelon and made her obligatory mess with it.

signature Molly Mac eye squint.
She had a good time playing with the toys Gran and Billy keep for her, some of which were mine once. Or in the case of this bunny, Christopher's and mine. But really the most important thing that you should take away from this picture is that her shoes match her outfit. Super cool!
I love the bow that Annette made for Molly, I wish Molly felt the same way about it. I'll save it for next year I guess. She did look super cute with it in for about 2 seconds.
After playing and eating we threw caution to the wind and went swimming without waiting 30 minutes. Somehow we all survived. Molly favorite things about the pool time were "jumping in" and the water feature. She still isn't sure about swimming, but I'm sure like any other child that has grown up in Yuma, she'll learn to love it.



After swimming she had a bath and then whooped it up with everyone. Doing a little baby workout, muscling chairs around.

Here she is playing a little tag with uncle Chris
"Gotcha!"


Drag the baby:

I don't usually post pictures of food, but I thought my 4th of July cookies turned out pretty cute. At least this one did:
We of course finished them before the 4th. Whoops.
In other general Molly news, I've started giving her bubble baths instead of the ordinary ones I had been giving her. I'm not sure why I held out on her, but anyhow she's getting them now.
little bubble head.
After her nap yesterday, Jonny found her looking like this:

I had left some short in the crib and she decided that her head was where they went. Pretty cute.
This is a typical scene at our place lately. She loves purses, (real or imagined) and sunglasses.
She prances around telling us that she's going "bye-bye". So "bye-bye" from Molly Mac!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a nice visit with Chris and Stephanie! LOVE the flower outfit with the matching shoes! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramsey...what about that adorable bow!!!! You better have a girl so I can make her TONS of bows!

    Becca - once again, your child looks super adorable! I love those eyes- they seriously melt my heart! Kate and I are very proud that she had matching shoes to her outfit. Kate had 2 outfits for 4th of July and she could not wear them due to the COLD weather in Carlsbad...boohoo us, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I will make bows for Grayson and his brother if you don't have a girl Ramsey! ahah!

    ReplyDelete