Friday, September 24, 2010

"Graysontime"

So we go to babytime at the library yesterday and it's a completely different experience from the other times we've gone. The only difference that I can find is that Grayson wasn't there. Maybe it was a coincidence and she was just tired, but she was comparatively quiet and reserved. I think Molly might have been just showing off for Grayson the previous times we've gone. She actually sat on my lap a few times without fighting me and when she did venture out into the center, she mostly stood there just looking around. At one point she even went to the door, started to open it and repeated "bye bye..." I guess babytime just isn't the same without Grayson.
Last night Gran and "Pa-pah!" (as Molly says) came over and babysat while Jonny, Mere, Jeffrey and I went to watch "The Big Lebowski" at the Historic Theater downtown. Since it's Jonny's favorite movie, we just couldn't miss the opportunity to see it on a big screen. We even managed to have a good time despite the D-bag who thought he was as witty and clever as the movie, and felt the need to yell out quotes and comments right before they were relevant. I suppose this was his way of showing familiarity with the movie which I guess equaled "coolness" for him. While we were gone Molly had a great time hanging out with my parents and even pulled out a few new tricks, like what we're now calling her "peep walk". While watching "Peep and the big wide world" (think birds) Molly came up with this little crouching walk with her hands behind her like little tail feathers. It's pretty funny to watch. When we got home, Molly was asleep and she hadn't even put up a fight for Gran, maybe I'll invite her over for bedtime every night!
I don't have very many pictures which is sort of surprising, but probably good news for my hard drive.

Rocking out and giving us some jazz hands.

She's finally getting the hang of the lady bug rocker.


Molly Mac: Looking towards the future.

1 comment:

  1. They always push Moms the furthest. Of course she was better at going down for Gran. It wasn't Mom. They know our buttons. LOVE the last picture. xoxo M

    ReplyDelete