It would be WAY cooler if I could jump on top.

I don't really get it.

Lately the cute thing that Molly has been up to is getting her See n' Say (which sings "Old Mac Donald") and "singing" "Ee-I-Ee-I-Oh" over and over. It cracks me up mostly because this is something that she came up with on her own. I have never sang this to her or even accentuated it when her see n' say was singing it. Actually I find that I even go out of my way when playing with the See n' Say to avoid all of the music since I find it kind of annoying.
Another cute thing that she does (there are many) is how she eats raspberries. She like to put them on her fingers and now she even does a little dance before she eats them. This video showcases her talent.
Today we went to babytime at the library with Grayson. I again had to ask myself if she could possibly belong to Jonny and I. Jonny is pretty much socially anxious and while I'm a little better I'm never trying to be the center of attention. For the entire first song of babytime, Molly stood in the middle of the room (while everyone else sat with their parents) and enjoyed herself while everyone sang to her...or so she thought. I'm conflicted most of the time, on one hand I don't want to crush her spirit, on the other hand I'd rather she didn't believe that babytime and the world revolved around her. They said in the rules of babytime that I should feel free to let her wander...but maybe I should have made her sit with me, even if she protested.
I recently bought Molly a Fisher Price record player. I bought it mostly because I had one when I was little and have vague memories of it. We also found a long lost record deep within the pockets of the pocket doors of this house when we were fixing things up. I guess I had inserted it in there when I was a toddler. Maybe I believed that the house would play the music in some grand fashion if I put it there. I think I may have over estimated her abilities to play nice with it though because she probably only needs about 10 more minutes with it before she breaks it. I've since hidden it from her because it was sort of expensive for a toddler toy and let's be honest I mostly bought it for myself.

Here are some pictures of Molly being Molly in her playroom. Having a playroom is the best thing EVER! There is a significant reduction in toys in the living room. Since Molly doesn't sleep through the night (she has been taking epic naps though...awesome!) it reduces the chance that I will die tripping over something with wheels onto something that is surprisingly sharp for a baby toy.

Molly also wants to wish uncle Chris safe and pleasant traveling on his big trip! Hopefully this blog will kill 10 minutes or so on one of your many, probably lengthy layovers! Take Care, we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment