I apologize for the betrayal Ramsey, but yesterday we went to a pumpkin patch to let Molly pick out a pumpkin. Truly it was just a photo opportunity, but Molly did enjoy running around and picking up, stepping on and sometimes throwing the pumpkins around. Since we've been here, Molly has kind of been a pain in the ass :-) She's constantly throwing tantrums about every little thing. When we're home we go to the grocery store once a week and target once every other week without serious incident. When we tried to take her here, it was a fight! She sat in the cart at target, but she fussed and whined. Then when we went to the grocery store she refused to sit in the cart at all, so I had to carry her. She wanted to walk, but I held my ground on that battle, I really didn't want to chase her around a grocery store while trying to repair all of the damage she created. Then there's eating out. I'm convinced after this trip that I will never do it again. She doesn't want to sit in the high chair, she doesn't want to eat, the only thing she wants to do is scream. I really hate being THOSE people, but lately we have been. Luckily it doesn't really show up in the pictures. When she's crying I'm dealing with that, not taking pictures. I suppose when I find her pain sort of funny, like if she's stuck somewhere, then I might take a picture of her. Little punk deserves it, ha ha ha!
These next three pictures are for Jonny. I thought he might be interested in the many cucurbits that the farm had to offer.



Molly and Me...see, I love her.

Picking out her Pumpkin

Found a winner.

She really liked the little white ones, she kept picking them out of the huge pile of mostly orange ones.
Having a picnic with Papa. When she got home she wanted to stay "AWESIGH". I would have been a hard ass and made her eat in her chair, but papa is a little softer, so he let her eat out.
I will note that this was the 2nd bowl of mac n' cheese, because the 1st one was dropped. The perils of eating outside.
Maybe we can all dine out together? We are always "those people" too, so you know what they say...misery loves company. As for the "keeping the kid in the cart" thing at the market, I always have a stash of fruit snacks or raisens and pay/bribe for good behavior. Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteKate is the same...total pain in the ass. I know I know, at least she sleeps through the night. But, in the grocery store she wants out of the cart or in the basket. We NEVER go out to eat. She REFUSES to sit in her high chair and sits in the portable chair in front of the tv. What kind of parent am I? I know what to do! I was trained in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)! Augh! Kate wins, Mommy loses ~ always.
ReplyDeleteM ~ the treats don't seem to work with Kate, she is "terca" which is stubborn, as most toddlers. We have are good and bad days.
Another thing to try is to keep the little one's "on task"...ask them to help you put stuff in the cart...lately we pick out something on every aisle that Landon can help us with...seems to keep him focused and less likely to dart off...although we have those moments too!
ReplyDeleteNow those are some pretty pumpkins...or cucurbits I guess you called them! Your hubby was very nice to stop by last weekend & buy some pumpkins! Grayson kept trying to get Jonny to take more by bringing him pumpkins! I threw in a couple cowgirl kits for Molly, or I guess, for you since you'll be putting them together. Hope you guys made it home safely and we'll see you & your little puppy this weekend for Halloween!
ReplyDelete