Halloween was a busy day for us, but somehow we fit it all in. We started off our morning by heading over to Granny Kathy's house, where Jonathan and Madeline were also hanging out. They enjoyed watching the little pink poodle running around, even though she was a little moody (we probably cut it a little close to lunch/nap time).
After nap time, we headed to my mom and dad's house, where my mom had some delicious treats for her. So far, candy isn't a part of her diet. I'm sure at some point I'll lose control over this, but for now I'm still doing good. In Joplin, after a particularly spirited tantrum, my Dad took Molly outside right before dinner. Knowing that Molly would probably throw a fit if I tried to bring her back in for dinner, I decided I needed a bribe to get her back inside. I lured her in for dinner with Broccoli. I'm that awesome.

After enjoying her banana treat, we went over to the Velasquez's house to visit. We missed Danny, but Molly charmed Karen with her puppy impressions.
Then we headed over to Jonny's Granny and Papa's house to spread some more Halloween cheer.
We ended the night Trick or Treating with the Morris'. Their neighborhood was crazy, but we made it out alive.
Grayson and Molly getting their treats from Blaine.
After all of that excitement we hung out and handed out candy.
Grayson didn't want to share his beanbag.
At one point he cornered Molly and gave her a BIG hug which she wasn't able to withstand, and knocked her over. She was pretty upset and she was left with a whisker print on her face. Poor Grayson just wanted a hug.
Here are a couple of Halloween complaints/tips I have.
1) If you are a 60+ year old grandmother taking your grand kids trick or treating, you don't get to trick or treat too. If you absolutely have to because your Dr. said you need more candy in your diet and you can't afford it...at least wear a costume, preferably one that masks that you're too old to be trick or treating...essentially stealing candy from children.
2)If you are driving in a crazy busy neighborhood with all sorts of crazy kids running around, turn off the strobe light in your car, and remove the Scream mask. You already suck and you're going to suck even more if you hit some poor kid because you can't see.
Hectic Halloween! I may need to join you and Ramsey next year in the trick o treating. Kate visited 2 houses. She wanted nothing to do with her costume. We did not have 1 trick o treater. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteMolly looks so cute, would have loved to see her "woof woof" and Grayson's "roar".