We left Missouri on the 28th in order to get home in time for Halloween. It was an extremely long trip and has cemented with me, that when we go to Joplin for Christmas, we will be flying. She was a trooper, but in the end I think one long day is better than 3 long days, even if it does involve possible tantrums in front of strangers.
Here are some pictures from our last days in Joplin.
It was fun how quickly she learned to say Margaret and Glen's names, or at least her version: "Mar-gee, and "Gen". She LOVED hanging out at their house and talked about them constantly.
While there, Molly lived it up in Gran's claw foot. I suppose I could give her baths in ours, but she has her own bathroom, so we might as well use that.

On our way home, our biggest struggle was sleep. While other kids seem to pass out in the car and never wake up. Molly cannot stay asleep in her car seat. As soon as her head bobs, she's up. We tried some fancy pillowing to try and keep her asleep, but nothing worked long enough to get a good nap in.
Molly and her pillows
Since this was a problem, on the way home, one day we stopped in Albuquerque to let her get a decent nap in the stroller. While she slept, we walked around old town and eventually ended up in the natural history museum where, when Molly woke up, she had a grand time running around checking out the Dyn-Saws. I think she appreciated the break.
Pushing her stroller around was her favorite activity.
I forgot how much your Mom and Margaret look alike! Great pictures. Also, did you notice your Dad waving in the window of the one of you and Molly on the porch? I had to enlarge it because I thought it might be a ghost - you know, it is an old victorian house. It HAS to have a ghost! :-)
ReplyDeleteHa! I didn't see that. I think we should stick with the ghost story though, way cooler!
ReplyDelete