Saturday, January 8, 2011

Adventures in Pottysitting

We've been back for almost a week now, but I haven't been able to get it together and write a post. I'd like to say it's because I've been accomplishing lots of other things, cooking, cleaning, taking down the Christmas stuff. Unfortunately I've only cooked and cleaned the minimum amount allowed for someone like me and the Christmas stuff is glaring at me harder and harder every day (I swear I'm going to do it tomorrow, quit looking at me that way!) I'd also like to say that I've made some great effort into potty training, but I haven't done that either. We did have one epic night on the potty though. If you're not interested in disgusting things, please feel free to look at the pictures and leave, I understand completely. The other night She told me she wanted to use the potty after her bath. I set her up and was then shooed away by the suddenly shy Molly. First she did her "Stand by the potty and pee" move but after being reminded that you have to sit on the potty, she got to work. Without getting into the gory details, I'll just say that 6 times I went in to clean out the potty, only to be shooed away for her to go at it again. I'd like to say that they were all diminutive in size, but that was not the case. The only explanation is that for some reason she had saved it all up for this one potty adventure. Gross I know, but I thought it was a story I should remember.
We had a great time in MO my only complaint was that it was too short of a visit. Molly of course had a fantastic time demanding and receiving every one's attention. She actually did really great on the plane. We used all the tricks we could think of: endless "dados" (crackers) and fruit snacks, writing Molly and drawing circles, and the main event~unlimited use of the ipod which had been loaded with entire seasons of both Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba as well as several new exciting apps. The best part was how she thought take-off and landing (potentially unsettling for even some adults) were super fun. She kept saying "WEEE, WEEE!" It also helped our image that on the way there, there was an 18 month old who screamed almost the whole time. The mother commented to me how well behaved Molly was and I of course said "oh, well you just caught her on a good day" of course part of me thought I should tell her that it's probably due to our superior parenting and our superior child who was created from our superior gene pools...well it could be true.
Here are the photos from the trip in no particular order.

Molly didn't warm up to Chris and Stephanie 100% although she did like talking about them when they weren't around. Such a gossip. They decided if they were going to get pictures with her they were going to have to take a "wildlife" approach and just sort of hang in the backgrounds of pictures of her.
Don't feed the animals
After they left, we said Chris' name and she said "Need find Chris"

Chris got Molly some cute outfits while he was in India.

Aunt Stephanie probably gets to take credit for the fancy purse, it's her new favorite for when she wants to step out.

Gran got her this hat to keep her warm. I thought for sure she would tear it off, but it seems that when there is an actual need to keep her head warm, she'll wear hats.
An Elephant change purse also from Chris' trip.
Another favorite, Red from Fraggle Rock.
My mom surprised us all with our own fancy needlepoint stockings for Joplin (Thanks to Land's End, not her lightning fast needle pointing skills). None the less, it was a fun addition. I love Molly's stocking, it's perfect for her.

Well it's a little late, but Happy New Year to everyone. Hope 2011 is filled with only awesome things.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog never leaves me disapointed. Always laughing out loud at you. Yes, You. You crack me up!! Love picture of Molly and Jonny, great candid and oh-so-sweet. Just like Molly, from the perfect gene pool. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way Molly holds her handbag, like a pro ~ that's the way I hold mine! I must say your child is superior. The talking, pooping, and behaving so well on the plane. Mine has not been developing at lighting speed at any of the above, only straight into terrible 2's where we have tantrums at least 5x a day and crying everyday for sure. Can't wait for this phase to be over!

    ReplyDelete