Today I decided to resurrect the potty, again I'm not going to push the issue too much, but if she's ready I don't want to ignore that either. So after lunch while we were doing our typical nap time rituals, I asked her if she wanted to use the potty. She said that she did and so I got her all set up in the bathroom with her potty. I sat there trying to read a book to her while she sat, but she was not interested. Finally she looks at me and says "bye bye mama, you go" So I left the room and watched her through the crack in the door. At first she stood in front of the potty and although I didn't notice at the time, she was peeing next to the potty. I realized that's what happened when she went frantically to the vanity cabinet to get some towels to clean up her mess. I helped her clean it up and then again she asked me to leave, I reminded her to sit ON the potty. I gave her some privacy (sort of) and watched again from the crack. This time there was success! I hadn't really expected her to take to it so easily, and of course I don't have my hopes too far up that we'll be completely done with diapers for awhile, but there was a definite understanding of the process which was fantastic.
I'm also pleased to report some sleep successes as well. She has been sleeping better at night the past couple weeks (all night most nights) which is fantastic. I of course know not to get my hopes up since she's gone back to her insomniac ways before. I'm also super happy that she'll go down for her nap by herself now (most days). I read her some stories and then say goodbye. No fussing, fighting or crying it out...beautiful! We're still in it for the long haul at bedtime, but nap time is a start. I must go pack now! I'm being such a procrastinator!
Since I can't fathom having a blog without a picture, I'll post the picture from our Christmas card for any of you reading that didn't see it.
That's awesome about the potty! I hope it is that easy for us when we decide to give it another go around! Hopy you guys have a great time in MO! Happy travelling!
ReplyDelete