It was fun to break out her fancy new Jacket that Gran bought her in New York. Probably a little fancy for the compound, but it was cold for us desert folk!



With our luck, it will probably be 85 by Christmas...just add it to my Festivus grievances. These are my grievances:
1) The baby rave that we have in Molly's room Thursdays and Fridays for the past couple months. I'm not sure why a certain bar decided to lose it's "jazz club" feel in favor of a "La Falla" (sp? I was a good girl and never actually went there) feel, but it's super annoying to when your kid, who is already an insomniac, is woken up by profanity laced rap music at midnight.
2) Toddler PJs. Why oh why have manufacturers of children's pajamas removed the zipper cover once you get into T sizes? Molly is fantastic at taking off pajamas, followed by her diaper, when there is no snap to cover the zipper. I know that it is only a matter of time before she figures out the snap too, but hopefully by then, she'll be less interested in undressing or better yet, potty trained. Thankfully my mom is sewing covers onto all of her winter pajamas. I will say Children's Place PJs do have the snaps, but they're too lightweight for winter since she won't keep a blanket on.
I suppose that if that's the worst I have going on right now, I should be grateful. Not in the spirit of Festivus, I know, but still...Now who wants to wrestle?
Even though I'm not 100% ready for Christmas, I am excited for it. Molly's going to be more into it than she was last year (although she did have fun last year) so it should be entertaining to watch her reacting to all of the festivities. We've already sent out our Christmas cards, I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but here are some outtakes. Jonny and I didn't make the cut this year. That proved to be too complicated for us.
Molly being Merry and Bright!
One of Molly's new favorite activities is stacking. At home it's blocks, at the store it's paint sample jars and sanding blocks, at Gran's it's my old wooden blocks. The funniest part of stacking is that she narrates it by repeating "stack" over and over.
Of course the best part of stacking is knocking it over. She doesn't even care if she didn't build it.
Anyone in demolition will tell you that planning is key
I love her jacket! And it makes me laugh that you guys have a jacket that big for the desert!! I would love an 85 degree Christmas morning :-) Can't wait to see the real Christmas card - we didn't send any out this year. xoxo
ReplyDeleteAdorable pics Becca! Love her new fancy jacket! Only Molly would have a jacket from NY!
ReplyDelete