Getting ready
The next three are the cold faces. what's really important to notice in these is that she no longer has any air in her lungs at all. It's most noticeable in the last one.
Pleased as punch and ready for more.

We had a fabulous Christmas and as always I'm a little sad it's over. I am glad we get to extend it just a tad with a quick trip to Joplin this week to visit Chris and Stephanie.
I have a ton of pictures so I'm just going to power through and do it quick and easy.
A few days before Christmas we went to the Santa's village that the city put together. The highlight for Molly was meeting her new friend, also named Molly at the Humane Society booth.
We spent Christmas Eve with everyone at my parent's house. Lot's of fun as always. She stole the hat from my old Jingle Bear. It's cuter on her anyhow.
Jonny would insist that there is no story to be told about what Molly's wearing. I disagree. On Christmas Eve I was finishing up cooking something to take to my Mom's house, so I asked Jonny to get Molly ready to go. I said to him "put a dress on her". Since we only really have 2 winter dresses, I didn't think it would be a big deal. What I didn't count on was that he either didn't care or couldn't distinguish between what clothes are for winter and what clothes are for summer. I know it's Yuma and it's not that cold, but let's pretend and not put her in a tank dress. When we were leaving I could tell it was almost like a test he was putting me through...thinking to himself..."go ahead and say something". I didn't feel like bringing it up and I really didn't want to fight Molly into something else, so that's what she wore. Later I couldn't keep my mouth shut and I had to say something to him about it. He laughed and told me that he had let her pick it out and that she was completely happy so who cares, I suppose he's right, Although her clothes do look a little out of place when sitting next to the impeccably dressed Lorelei.Christmas was of course a blast with a little one. Even though it will probably be next year before she really understands and can be bribed with the concept of Santa. She loved getting toys and quickly learned to say "presents".
Santa brought her a trike, and she's a big fan, except she about an inch or so too short still. I think in a couple months though she should have the hang of it.
She's also very fond of the baby supplies she received from Gran. Her babies did not have enough gear to allow for their proper care, now they're set.

Jonny and I got her a little soccer net and ball. She got the hang of it right away, and enthusiastically cheered for every goal she made.

This year I was entrusted to make the St. Lucia bread for our breakfast. It turned out pretty good. If Jonny liked it, I might be tempted to make it all of the time.

Later we went to Cassie's for a delicious Christmas dinner. Granny got Molly an awesome inchworm, which she was able to try the next morning. She's still a touch too short, but she still likes to scoot along on it.Today we went to the Morris' for a gift exchange and Molly got some sweet fairy princess stuff. I can't wait to get her decked out to watch "Abby's Flying Fairy School" on "Sesame Street".

Other than the Christmas festivities, things have been about the same. The sentences that she pulls seemingly from nowhere continue to blow me away. My favorite sentences have "please" "thank-you" and "sorry" in them. Politeness in a toddler is undeniably cute, probably because it seems contrary to their nature. When she knows I'm upset with her, it kills me when she pulls out the "sorry mama, I'm sorry mama". How can you resist it? I know it's total manipulation, but it's too damn sweet. I do feel like the Thank-yous are genuine. Upon receiving something she's asked for she'll say "Thank-you mama, Thank-you for blank" and then she likes to add a bonus "your welcome" in there too because she knows they go together, but she's not quite sure how they all fit together. I know she's just getting started, but the whole process is so captivating to me.
Did she also dress herself in the inchworm picture? I love the moccasins she's rockin' with the polka dots! Great pictures...and she got a cute new hair cut too! GLad you had a Merry Christmas, hope to see you guys soon! xoxo M
ReplyDelete