Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mardi Gras Molly

Of course that isn't for a couple weeks, but Jonny was in New Orleans this past week and so he came home with lots of fun "pretty necklaces" for Molly to play with. In case you were wondering, he got them all the hard way...that is of course if you understand that to mean that they gave them out at the meetings that he had to sit through all week.
The game for the night was put them on, take them off.
Even Dink and Riley got in on the fun.

I'm relieved that Jonny is now home for at least a month before he has another trip for work. He says his schedule is about the same and maybe it was just the three consecutive weeks that have thrown me off, but I swear he's going to be traveling more than usual this year. Hopefully after August he'll be able to keep close to home for awhile.

The other day Molly insisted that she have her bear with her for her snack.
Some for me,
some for you.
She's really into pretending with her animals and babies, it's really kind of cute. I just hope she doesn't think she can treat her new sibling like she treats them. She's been known to put her baby in the microwave.
She actually let me put pigtails in her hair and she even left them in for a few hours. they were so cute. Hopefully she'll get into them soon.


Today it's raining, so we bought Molly some rain boots and I chased her around while she went puddle crazy. In the end, we were both really wet and pretty muddy. It's of course already sunny out.

Probably won't get much use out of those boots.

I realized I haven't written about one of my favorite "Mollyspeaks". It's one of those things that's so inventive and cute, we haven't bothered to teach her the real words to use. When eating, she loves dipping her food in any sort of sauce, condiment, yogurt, whatever is handy. When asking for it, she asks for "near". It started because she would point out places on her plate where she wanted the stuff while exclaiming "near!" (here). She's been doing this for several months now, but I do think that she's starting to outgrow it since she asked for ketchup the other day by name. She did however point out the places she wanted it on her plate. I suppose it's for the best that she doesn't talk like a two year old forever.

2 comments:

  1. Kate is into pretending too, it is so cute! Feeding, changing, rocking her baby; yeah, she drops the baby and drags her so I would be afraid of what she would do with a real baby too! She especially loves walking in my flats, taking her baby for a stroll with her mini designer handbag.

    Kate is starting to speak more too ~ yea! Kate's favorite thing is "here ya go", except "go" sounds like "gook." whoops.

    I think Molly should wear her rainboots anywhere and anytime, they are too cute! I almost bought for Kate just 'cuz they are so darn cute! AND her pigtails are adorable...Kate is starting to let me put clips in her hair again ~ at least she keeps them on for a little while and doesn't scream "NOOOOOOOOOO" at the sight of them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little party girl! Remember my 22nd birthday in Tucson?! She's just getting a head start! Love the pigtails...finally got to see them!

    ReplyDelete