Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tennis!

I've been terrible at taking pictures lately, so I don't have much to post. Part of the problem is my camera battery. A pro and a con of my camera is that it take AA batteries. This can be really convenient if you're prone to forgetting to charge things (I am) but since I use my camera a lot (usually) I can blow through them pretty quickly. So I decided to try rechargeable batteries, which really blow. Ramsey told me that hers work pretty well and I read up on why mine suck and hers rock, so I have some on the way so I can be back in the picture taking business. God forbid we don't document every single little piddly thing that Molly does :-)
We've been hanging out with the Morris clan lately since she's still on maternity leave and we could both use the company. They generally play pretty nice together, but there is still the whole toddler element, so they have their fights which we have to break up occasionally. Of course it always revolves around what belongs to who. "MINE" I pretty sure it's impossible to go through childhood without going through that stage. Despite their problems, they still manage to have a good time together and are actually getting better at taking turns which is kind of cute. I also like that Molly is very concerned with Grayson's well being when he's upset or if he falls or something like that. She always says "Grayson are you okay!?!" Of course sometimes I sure that she is part of his problem.
Here's Molly at Grayson's the the other day she was having a good time with the tennis racket. Aunt Meredith is so proud!


I know that the whole language updates are probably getting old, but it continues to crack me up. As Annette wrote in her blog, Molly likes to talk about things being broken. Anything might be "broken". Crayons, an empty cup, her face (after bumping her head). She's also really concerned with "fixing" the broken things and then exclaiming after she's successfully fixed something that it's "much better". So say her hair is in her eyes (a frequent problem) she'll say "Oh-no! eyes broken!...I fix it...(rubs hair frantically)....oh! It's better! much better!"

Well, that's all I have! maybe I'll be better in the next few weeks, but for now I'm out of pictures and stories.

2 comments:

  1. The language updates never get old. The speed at which they develop is fascinating. Plus, they're just too damn cute! Landon likes to say, "That's okay, it happens." When something breaks/falls/spills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda wish Kate talked more, well, let's be honest...talked. However, I should be careful what I wish for! She pretty much says the same things..."here ya go" "dog" "no". "no" being her favorite word. I love your language stories about Molly ~ she is just too cute! Kate wants in on the Grayson and Molly play time...maybe we can do a Saturday when this working mom is off! Also, I think you should post about having a toddler and being pregnant...that should be entertaining!

    ReplyDelete