My mom got us a fancy new monitor for when Maggie arrives. It's a video one, but what is most awesome about it is that it actually works in our house. We've had 2 other monitors, one video, one sound and neither of them did very well in our house. Yes, we were probably asking a lot of them, we have brick walls and probably some plaster/lath wall between our room and hers. So even though her room isn't that far away, the signal has a lot to conquer along the way. This monitor works really well though and the signal has yet to cut out on us waking us with loud beeping. It's also nice because we can have two cameras on the system which we're going to want in a few months (if I ever let Maggie sleep in her own room). So far my favorite thing about it is watching Molly when she wakes up, she is so funny. Sometimes she'll sing songs, sometimes she'll play with her animals or read a book. It really cracks me up when she'll wake up and immediately start talking about something she was talking about right before she went to sleep picking up right where she left off. Another feature of the monitor is that we can talk to her through an intercom. We thought this would be hilarious, but mostly she's just terrified by it and I suppose I see her point. We are being kind of creepy and
voyeuristic. This past Thursday and Friday we headed to the San Diego area and went to Sea World and visited with some of my relatives. Lots of fun!
Checking out a turtle.

We fed the Sea Lions this time. This one is begging for more. Sorry buddy, Sea World's expensive!

Hanging out in Allison and Pablo's backyard. It was nice to be outside for a change. Now that were home, we're again cooped up avoiding the heat.


Molly's ready for some winter weather!

So one more week and Maggie will be full term. Of course I'm sure she'll wait around a little longer than that. I'm simultaneously ready and completely not ready for her to be out and among us. I'm sick of being pregnant, but I know it's not like having a newborn is a piece of cake, especially with a fairly demanding toddler. I'm also really wishing I was one of those "nesting" types. I'm hoping that something kicks in soon, but I have my doubts since I never thought I did that with Molly. I'm sure that eventually I'll get something done, but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be from some uncontrollable urge to get ready for her. Right now the only uncontrollable urge I've had is to sit on the couch and read.
No comments:
Post a Comment