When I look at Molly, I have to admit that physically I don't see much of myself there. However, the two above pictures are showcasing a trait that she definately got from me. I learned that the ability to cover your nostrils with your upper lip is something special a few years back when I was watching my niece and nephew over summer break. We were always swimming at my parents house and Jonny would join us from time to time. At one point jonny pointed out to me that when I swim I do this, I hadn't really noticed that I did before he pointed it out, but when I tried to not do it, I found that water went up my nose at an alarming rate...now he makes fun of me (rightly so). I still didn't think this was anything special, just some weird thing that I did, then I tried to get Madeline to do it since she would alway hold her nose when she swam, she wasn't able to do it. Then I asked Jonny if he could do it, he can not. Fast forward to a few months ago...Molly can do this...she loves to do this. It cracks me up that THIS of all things is what we have in common physically...Eyes? Not so much!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Inherited Traits
When I look at Molly, I have to admit that physically I don't see much of myself there. However, the two above pictures are showcasing a trait that she definately got from me. I learned that the ability to cover your nostrils with your upper lip is something special a few years back when I was watching my niece and nephew over summer break. We were always swimming at my parents house and Jonny would join us from time to time. At one point jonny pointed out to me that when I swim I do this, I hadn't really noticed that I did before he pointed it out, but when I tried to not do it, I found that water went up my nose at an alarming rate...now he makes fun of me (rightly so). I still didn't think this was anything special, just some weird thing that I did, then I tried to get Madeline to do it since she would alway hold her nose when she swam, she wasn't able to do it. Then I asked Jonny if he could do it, he can not. Fast forward to a few months ago...Molly can do this...she loves to do this. It cracks me up that THIS of all things is what we have in common physically...Eyes? Not so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kate inherited being a whiny lil shit from me.
ReplyDeleteMolly is doll and your blog, as always, very entertaining!
Isn't it funny what traits are inherited? Landon and Dustin can both roll their tongue and I can't. It's weird. I'm still trying to figure out what Landon got from me...we're going on 2 years and I'm still clueless.
ReplyDeleteIt's not just any trait....it's a sign of "brilliance" Missy Moo! Super cute pics!
ReplyDelete