Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Criminal

I've been cleaning out Molly's drawers and filling up bags for storage. Molly has been working hard emptying those bags and strewing things about the house. She brought her daddy some tights, and Daddy decided they should rob a bank.

Our little criminal.





Jonny's melons are doing pretty good and Molly has been enjoying the literal fruits of his labor. She loves melons! Any kind, any time any place. Who doesn't like sugar water? Jonny grew a really good yellow variety that Molly is seen enjoying here.


Double fisting melons:


Last weekend we went to Cassie and Ben's house for a graduation party. Congratulations to Jonathan for graduating 8th grade. I started dating Jonny when Jonathan was two, and it blows my mind that he's going to be in high school next year. I can imagine that Cassie and Ben feel this even more intensely than me. Jonny has informed that it isn't surprising to him at all...it has been a little over a decade after all. I guess he's uneffected by time.


Molly and Aunt Cassie...oh THAT'S where the eyes came from!


Swim lessons start soon, gotta get ready!


While we were swimming Molly reminded me of what a little daredevil she can be. She was convinced that she could go it alone, and was struggling to break free from me. Have to watch that one!


Speaking of daredevil, Molly has mastered the step ladder. I don't usually leave it where she can get it, but I was reorganizing the other day since I now have most of my cabinet doors in (yeah!) and when I wasn't paying 100% attention to her she starting going up and down and up and down. In this video, she's doing it in order to get some of her stuff on the counter. Very exciting stuff. I know it kind of looks bad letting her do this...but she really is surprisingly agile.


She never once seemed precarious, although I don't think I would be too keen on her doing it without me near by. My mom has been surprised at Molly's ability to climb and doesn't think that any of us were this capable at her age. I did however go back through the Burgess Baby Blog and found that in May of 09, there was a post call "time to climb", so I don't think that Molly is alone in her abilities :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment