Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ornery Ones?

Molly shows us everyday just how smart she is, most of the time that just means she finds new ways to get into trouble. Like this picture, it seems harmless, but what happens when she tries to put her shirt on by herself, is that she basically walks around blindfolded. eventually she runs into a wall, and it end in tears. Maybe her mother should help her out?


Here I go again taking pictures of her instead of helping her out. I didn't see the process that got her into this mess, only the results.


If the twos, threes and fours suck...then I'm totally screwed. Molly is an extremely strong willed child and I have to say that it's not always easy for me to match it. We of course have boundaries in place (mostly physical ones) but sometimes you just have to pick your battles. I know I'm a 1st timer so I have no point of reference, but even my mom says she thinks Molly is a handful. She's a grandma however so she uses words like "precocious" , "clever", and "busy" where as I use words like "pain in the ass" and "NOOOOOOO!!!!!! don't touch that!!!!!". I've joked that I should change her name from Molly Jo to Molly No since I say that more often.
Hey it's not all bad time though, there are good things happening too. Like our new chair. Molly and I have a new chair, and I love it. My old one served us, but I'm glad we've upgraded. Now when we're rocking I don't have to feel as though it's going to burst into flames at any minute. The noises from that thing were terrifying and even though we made efforts to save it: stealing bearings from the ottoman or even trying to get the company to let us order new ones, it was no use. A few weeks ago I ordered this beauty from Barenholtz furniture, and I couldn't be happier. The best part (aside from not busting into flames) was that I was able to pick out my own fancy fabric from their vast selection.
Good looking kid, Good looking chair:

My secret for getting her to stay in the chair and keep the bow on her head? Bribing her with my cellphone. I usually don't let her touch it because she's capable of some pretty complicated procedures (switching the network from which the phone is operating from...true story) or simply just calling someone but I REALLY wanted her to stay :-)
"hello"
It didn't last


"Where did I put that thing?"
"Oh yea, the floor"

"Good luck with your photography mom, I'm done here."

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are too funny...I too, call my daughter "pain in the ass" and my mom says she is a handful! But of course everything she does is "cute" so I get no sympathy from grandma.

    I love Molly's new rocking chair:-) She can be the spokesbaby/model for barenholtz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new chair, it's adorable as well as Molly No.

    ReplyDelete