Monday, October 11, 2010

Running in Circles

We've been outside A LOT lately (the weather has been nicer), mostly because Molly demands it. Every morning it starts with a call for "shoes, shoes, shoes!" then it's followed by "AWWWE-SIGH, AWWWE-SIGH, AWWWE-SIGH" (that's "outside" for those of you not fluent in Toddlerese) I feel bad if I deny her, but sometimes you just have to do the dishes and chasing her around outside doesn't seem to make that happen. It would be awesome if it did.
She's decided that running around in a little circle until she falls over is pretty entertaining especially while laughing maniacally. I tried to teach her "Ring around the rosie" but she didn't think that was as cool as her game. Maybe she doesn't like the dark undertones of the game...or maybe she doesn't want to hold my hands.
Spin spin spin!

Fall fall fall!
Get up and start over!
When we're outside she's also really interested in getting into the parking lot. I'm not as interested in being in the parking lot since to me it's just dirt and mesquite trash full of bugs and other nastiness. I don't understand how we can have such a huge expanse of grass that she has such little interest in.
Trying to escape to the freedom of the parking lot.
Also of interest outside is her wagon, but she's really not interested in riding in it, she really loves to pull it around. She hasn't quite mastered it yet in that she doesn't understand that she can't just manhandle it wherever she wants.
It isn't for lack of effort, but I just don't think she's going to get it up the step.
The other night while Jonny was laying on the floor, Molly decided to bring her blocks out and play with daddy.
Then she decided she was done and started taking them back to the playroom.

Run Molly run!
Don't forget that last one!
Then it was time to play with her animals.
I wish I knew what she was thinking.

Here's another clever trick she has. This is related to her new love of "relaxing". It's only for a few seconds here and there but she loves to pretend to relax like us lazy big people.
I'm hoping that being able to relax will help some on the sleeping front. We did have a pretty awesome milestone just this afternoon. She actually fell asleep for her nap without any help from me. For the past several months she has pretty consistently gone down for her nap by nursing to sleep (which is why the nap time feeding is the last holdout). Lately however she doesn't fall asleep, so I end up rocking her to sleep. Today she kept wanting to get down and play instead of relaxing. So I put her in her crib and left the room. She didn't cry and she played for about 5 minutes with her doll and blanket and then she got very quiet. When I looked in on her she was fast asleep. Unfortunately she had also taken a dump. I was actually able to take her out, change her diaper and put her back without her waking. If you had told me 6 months ago that this would be possible I might not have believed you.

The next three pictures are only here because she just so dang cute.
I'm so sweet.
I'm so thoughtful.
I'm so hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. I'm shocked you were able to change her with out waking her - that's awesome! I could never pull that off with Landon. He'd just sleep with a load. Love love love the 2nd to last picture. So deep in thought - and I love the white pilar in the background highlighting her lushes lashes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe all the spinning, falling and outside play exhaust her. That's the trick spend time outside, the kid crashes and you can do what you want for once:-)

    ReplyDelete