The title of this post now has a double meaning. "Meow mow mow" is Molly's word for Watermelon." This is probably going to be one of those words that I have a hard time correcting since I kind of like it better than the real word. Meredith even tried to get her to say "watermelon" and she said to Mere "No! you mean meow mow mow". Too funny. The Morris' shared some of their Meow mow mow with us and it was all Molly could talk about. She's like her Daddy and LOVES melons.
The other Meow mow mow that Molly can't stop talking about is the kitten that imposed itself on me in the Sam's club parking lot this morning. When I was putting the stuff in the car, this little white kitten starts mewing out from under a car. Since I'm not in the business of taking in stray animals, I made no eye contact and generally tried to ignore anything that I saw/heard. Unfortunately this kitten was determined to get my attention and it walked right over to me. Molly was thrilled and pretty much lost her shit screaming and carrying on about how much she loved her new best friend the white kitten. Since I'm not a complete monster I decided to take the poor thing in and take it to the pound. Of course the pound in closed on Mondays so Meredith has been kind enough to take on my burden and is taking care of the cat for now.
Molly is absolutely in love with this kitten and isn't holding back in her profession of it. She's even given it the name "little dude cat".
She really wanted to pick it up herself, however it didn't prove to be a good idea since she tended to be a little "Lennieish" (totally a word) and not know her own strength and also completely unable to control her own excitement.
This picture cracks me up because of how she's trying to remove Mere's hand. She wanted that kitten all to herself.
The plan for now is that tomorrow at 10 it's going to the pound. Molly's pretty sad about this, but we've said our goodbyes tonight and hopefully she'll forget about it. I kind of have my doubts though, she seems to remember everything. Kind of off subject, but she even remembers nursing and occasionally brings it up even though it's been months since we've done that. I'm pretty much screwed when Maggie gets here since there's a pretty good chance she'll want to get in on the action too.
No comments:
Post a Comment