Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer's Bounty

Jonny and a few of his farming buddies planted a big "garden" for themselves. There is currently a ton of green beans and there will soon be a ton of corn and melons (not that we've ever been short of melons). Today we went out and picked some beans. Molly tagged along too and was even helpful for maybe a minute. Then after her helpfulness had worn off, she even managed to entertain herself near us without being a pain/causing damage to property/herself.

Then her shoes came off and she took off making me chase her all over the place while she threatened to cause irreversible damage to everything she touched. Not to mention making a huge muddy mess of herself

"Look at that!"-one of her favorite exclamations.


Here is the result of our labors. A 5 gallon bucket o' beans (+2 eggplants)

Add that to the little bell peppers Jonny's co-worker brought from a trial, and I think we have more than we know what to do with.

Then there's these little gems. Unless you plant your own, you probably won't get to taste one because I'm probably not sharing. Before we had this tree I had only ever eaten a black fig, but I like these way better. This variety is called Kadota. Jonny picked two for me today, they're already gone. We'll have more this year than we did last year, but probably not so many that I won't be able to keep up with eating them all.

Molly continues to be equal parts cute and pain in the butt. Her latest thing is to try and explain her miss-behaviors to me in what I consider to be a condescending tone. For example last night while I was laying next to her, waiting for her to "Go the Fuck to Sleep" (go here to see what I'm talking about) she kept pulling my hair. I kept telling her to stop, but she just kept doing it to the point where I'm sure she could tell from my tone that I was getting pissed. Of course getting pissed doesn't work with her. Sometimes she just laughs at me, gotta love that. Or what she did last night which was lecturing me. Possibly my favorite (and least favorite) Molly quote to date- "Oh mama, it's okay. Sometimes I pull your hair". Fantastic! According to my two-year old pulling my hair this is just something that I need to learn to deal with. I really wish I could capture the sincerity she had in her voice, she was really trying to be sympathetic. Haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with this, so far all I've been able to do is hold back laughter.

1 comment:

  1. You're better then me. I couldn't hold back my laughter reading this!!

    ReplyDelete