Check out that bruise on her cheek. Didn't see how that one happened.
Look at all these tomatoes! They're mostly sauce now thanks to Jonny.
I don't think I mentioned it here, but at my last appointment I was measuring a couple centimeters big. I'm happy to report that I had my appointment today and I'm back on track. She said that last time it was most likely that baby M was in a strange position. Phew! I'm pretty sure I'll have a plenty big baby without measuring big.
I also think we've settled on a name. Somewhere along the way we decided to use Jane as a middle name (It was my grandma's middle name) but we were still wavering between Maisie and Maggie. Now Jonny has no recollection of this, but a long time ago I mentioned using the name Magnolia and calling her Maggie, at the time he said that he didn't like it. I brought it up again and this time he liked it. Of course this just confused things for me because now Maggie was starting to take a lead over Maisie. The only drawback to the Magnolia/Maggie name was that it kind of sounds a little "La -ti-da" (what's the word Rams? "Hootalah"?). I like the simplicity of Molly and even though Maggie captures that for me, Magnolia sounds kind of fancypants to me. Yesterday however, the universe gave us a sign. My mom called me to tell me that she was at the nursery (plants not babies) in Joplin and there is a variety of tree called the Magnolia Jane. So if you happened to have made it through that whole stream of consciousness paragraph...Magnolia (Maggie) Jane it is! Thankfully it's a very pretty tree.
I don't get the hootalah vibe from Magnolia. I think it has a sweet, hippy vibe to me. And you know lately, I love me some hippy vibes! I LOVE the final name. Oh-so-sweet. And have you seen how gorgeous the Magnolia trees are up here? have you ever been up here that time of year? They have these huge gorgeous blossoms on them. So, are you going to be okay if people call her Magnolia & Maggie, or are you wanting it to be mostly Maggie?
ReplyDeleteI just saw it in the baby name book and thought hey, that could use Maggie as a nickname. It sounded a little sweeter than the other options.
ReplyDeleteI don't care. I'll probably call her Magnolia when she's in trouble :-) My mom has a preference for Maggie so she'll probably use that. I suppose someday she might have a preference between the two.
I don't think I have been there when they're blooming. I'll have to pay closer attention now.