Well regardless of where she learned it, this is how it goes. She greets us cheerfully, asks what she can do for us today, and then either paints our nails or straightens/combs our hair depending on what we choose (although we've been known to choose wrong). If we choose nail polish, she even asks us which color we want. Very professional.
Yes this should compliment your coloring nicely.
Concentrating hard on daddy's pedicure.
Haven't talked about potty training much. That's probably because I feel like a failure at it. I suppose I'm being hard on myself, since when we're at home and she's going commando, she's almost perfect. Unfortunately as soon as you put anything on her, panties, pull-ups, pants she's peeing all over the place (fortunately she's been 100% in the other area for well over a month no matter what she's wearing) This has made staying dry while out and about difficult. I'm too chicken to put her in panties when we're out, so I put pull-ups on her. I try to ask her frequently, but that doesn't seem to work. Also, her new found fear of public restrooms isn't helping matters. Which brings me to my new found hatred of automatic flushing toilets. If I was two I think I would be terrified of those things too. Since she won't wear panties and use the potty we've implemented a strict dress code of dresses minus bloomers. Before bedtime if I'm not interested in seeing her little naked butt running around, I'll put a skirt on her to cover her shame. The only skirt I have that doesn't have some sort of under short attached is pretty fancy, so this is what she looks like before bed, flitting about in her fancy skirt.
As I probably mentioned before, we've been going to the summer movie program at Harkins. The first movie went great. Of course Clifford the big red dog has a lot to offer to Molly. We've since gone to Megamind and How to train your dragon. They haven't gone quite as smoothly. She's pretty good for awhile, but maybe 30-40 minutes in, she'll lose interest and say she wants to leave. This would be fine, except that when we start the process of leaving, she freaks out and says she wants to stay. So we go back and forth like that for awhile until I just give up and make her leave. Then the tantrum starts: Super Fun. When we left Megamind she screamed and cried the whole way home: Awesome. This last time was a little better, but not much. I haven't decided whether I'm going put myself through that again. We'll have a two week break from it since we start swim lessons next week.
Jonny gave me my birthday present early. He said he thought that I was having a bad day and wanted to cheer me up, but I didn't think I was having that bad of a day. Anyhow, I like my cool new present. It's a little video camera. We have a camcorder, but it's always inconvenient to use, so we don't. This one is tiny, convenient to charge, use and easy to get the videos off of. I'd been reluctant to get one because I hate how dark the videos always end up on those little things when you're taking video inside (at least that's how it seemed on my mom's flip). Jonny did some research and decided this one would work well. So far I like it. You can actually see the picture even if the video was taken in our dimly lit house which is nice since that's where I will use it the majority of the time.
Here's a video I took with it. It's of Molly doing probably my favorite thing that she does: reading a book. It's so cute and hilarious. This book is "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb" and in case you don't remember it from your childhood, one of the main phrases in the book is "Dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum" which is what she's saying the most. The book that she reads the best is "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back", she reads that to us almost every night. Sorry, the video ends in the beginning of an argument about why she can't use the camera. I turned it off before it got really ugly though.
My new plan for posting videos is to upload them with You Tube and then embed them here. That seems to work way better than directly uploading them. Not sure why blogger's video upload is so difficult, but I always spend hours trying to upload and then give up crying and huddled in the corner.
Cute video! Love the belly pic...she looks like a little model striking a pose! Don't give up on potty training. You are doing great and she will get there! Just remember how far she has already come :-)
ReplyDeletePut a post it note over the auto flush toilet sensor. It will keep it from flushing while she's on it. Don't be hard on yourself - she's doing great and is obviously doing great every where else too!
ReplyDelete