On Wednesday I had a doctor appointment and although he scheduled me for an induction he told me he didn't think I would actually make the appointment since it appeared that things were already well on their way. He was right and only a few hours later we made our way to the hospital and were admitted. The doctor who had promised that he would show up for me, told the nurses he was too tired to come in. This came as a particular insult to me since the doctor who was on call at the time was one of the doctors who I had mentioned to him that I had wanted to avoid. So yea, thanks for nothing. I wish I could say that my opinion about this doctor was wrong, but instead I felt like I was at constant odds with her. I won't get into all the gory details here, but I did find it interesting that when shift change came along and a new doctor showed up, all of my "problems" went away and magically I was able to eat and drink again. Again, thanks for nothing.
On a positive note though, as of 8/18/2011 at 12:59 AM we are now the proud owners a perfect baby girl who is ridiculously healthy and ridiculously sweet. Welcome Maggie Mac! We love you!
Here's a little video of Molly visiting her new sister for the first time. She's a big fan.
So here's just a ton of pictures from Maggie's first few days.
We have experienced a small amount of "regression", although I'm not sure if that's what you would call it since Molly wouldn't actually ever take a pacifier. It's funny because she doesn't even really know how to use them, she just sort of bites them and walks around with it in her mouth. Maggie is still on the fence as to whether or not she's interested in them, so we'll see if we even need to have them around at all.
It was kind of a funny story how she even negotiated getting one in the first place. She saw us trying to give one to Maggie and she came up and introduced herself: "Hi Maggie! I'm Molly" then she offered her services as she took the pacifier out of her mouth "Oh here! I can help you chew it!" Lucky for her, Maggie's pretty easy going.
So far nursing hasn't been an issue with Molly. There was one day when she told me she wanted to help her nurse, but that ended up with her giving Maggie instructions. As she pushed her head towards me, she said to her "See! you chew it!" Thanks for that Molly.
So everything is great, and for now, this is pretty much what she does which is a whole lot different than Molly was at this point. Not that Molly wasn't a good baby, she was, she just wasn't as interested in sleeping as Maggie seems to be. We'll see if it lasts.
Welcome Maggie Mac! You are precious and BRILLIANT of course! Love you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Maggie is SOO cute! I bet Molly is going to love having a baby sister!
ReplyDelete