Although Molly is still transitioning into the big sister role and has definitely noticed that my attention is now divided, she's completely in love with her little sister. She's desperate to carry her around (not going to happen, but still sweet) and she's extremely concerned with her well being. Yesterday we went to get our pictures taken (there's a sneak peek of them on my Facebook page if you haven't seen them yet) and one of the photo props didn't agree with Maggie. She hardly ever cries and so Molly has almost no experience with a crying baby and when Maggie let loose she was genuinely upset and almost started crying herself. It was the saddest/sweetest thing I've ever seen. I was also super proud of her the other night when I was on my own putting both of them to bed. Maggie was asleep in my room and I was with Molly in her room with the monitor. At one point I heard Maggie starting to stir and Molly told me to go and make sure she was okay and then after I left, she actually went to bed all on her own. I was kind of in awe of that. Of course a two year old can be fickle. There's been a light kick to the head...I'd call it a test kick, no damage was inflicted. There was also the time when my mom asked her if she should go get Maggie and she said "No! Don't get Maggie!". So yeah, there's some rivalry.
Sisters sporting monkeys
"I just want to SQUEEZE you!"
Here's just some pictures of all of the visitors we've had lately
Aunt Cassie
Uncle Ben...so sweet.
Karen and Danny
Gran and Maggie after a bath.
She's a happy girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment