I'm sure lots of people have experienced this when adding another kid to their family, but I swear that Molly has gained 10 pounds and grown a foot overnight. She seems SO big now and I'm having a hard time imagining that I was picking her up and lugging her around while pregnant.
So Molly seems to have grown crazy amounts, but Maggie really is growing like crazy. She started out at 7lbs, 3oz. by day 4 she was only down to 7lbs, 1oz. (which is really good for a breastfed kid) then only a week later she was up to 8lbs 3oz. that seemed like so much to me, but I guess I just had forgotten how much they grow in the beginning.
So I know that she's up to 8lbs 3oz because we went to the pediatrician again after the 4 day check up. Jonny and I had our first time parents freak out...we just did it with our second kid. To be fair, my mom helped fuel it too. Most people who have taken care of a newborn probably know that they sometimes breathe like they're drowning. It has something to do with their esophagus's and how they're still cartilage, blah blah blah. Molly used to do it a lot when she was sleeping and it drove us nuts because it's hard to sleep when you have a drowning baby next to you. So the other day, Maggie started doing this while awake and it was at least 10 times worse than Molly ever did it, but then she fell asleep and was fine, so I didn't worry about it. Later when she woke up though, she started at it again and again it sounded terrible. This time my mom was here and she thought it sounded worse than she'd ever remembered any baby sounding and since she's the one who always talks us down from these sort of things, we decided that we should just go and make ourselves feel better. Of course she's fine and it's just that whole normal, abnormal newborn breathing thing and some kids sound really really bad and of course she has never done it again. I'm glad we got that out of the way, I hate freaking out about things.
So I haven't taken many pictures lately but here's a couple cute ones.
My little beefcake.
The giantesses
adorable!
ReplyDeleteFor being a "sleeper," you sure get a lot of cute pics with her eyes open!
ReplyDelete