Friday, September 16, 2011

When I Paint my Masterpiece

keeping the kiddo entertained has become slightly difficult since Maggie was born.  One problem is that we're always at home and always inside (too damn hot) which is really no fun at all when you're two.  Another problem is that nothing is ever enough now.  I feel like I probably actively play with her more now just because I'm trying to compensate, but it doesn't matter to her, she's gonna make me pay.  One of our latest activities is painting.  I bought finger paints awhile back but I didn't break them out until the other day since I was a little afraid of what the results might be.  Actually it wasn't that bad since she can kind of be a priss when it comes to getting messy (not sure where that comes from).  Here she's using her fingers, but now I have her using brushes since it's cleaner and she thinks it's more fun that way anyhow.
Molly and her masterpiece

"We can dance if we want to..." My dad thinks we're safety freaks.  Really it's my mom who is the worst, followed by Meredith.  The other day he told Molly she could drive with him when he went to move his truck from the street to the parking lot.  I said it was fine, but when he came back in with her, he had her decked out in his construction site delivery garb.  I suppose this is just as good as a car seat.
 Instead of "Cheese" I made her say "Safety First!"
I haven't really taken any pictures of Maggie with my family.  Whoops!  Sorry Maggie, but I was too busy feeding you every hour.  I did manage to get a picture of her today with Aunt Meredith.
I keep waiting for the awesome sleep habits to stop.  There have been some signs that it could end soon and it's probably only a matter of time before you see a blog post titled "The Honeymoon's Over" but just when I think I'm screwed she'll do something like just pass out by herself when laying on the floor.  Molly never did stuff like that, so I'm still sort of holding out hope that she'll be a better sleeper than Molly.

1 comment: