Saturday, September 24, 2011

Stunt Double

I really think Molly might have a future as a stunt double.  The other day while triking, Molly biffed it and rolled her trike into the grass.  She then decided that it was pretty cool to do that and tried to perfect her fall, and even add a few extra dramatics, just for fun I guess.


 Another stunt she's been pulling on us is her crazy climbing habits. Although she's been able to climb pretty well for quite sometime now, she's starting to think of new clever ways to use it.  The other day she kept going on and on about the "blue one!" (a blue dum dum lollipop).  I had given her a red one earlier in day, but she really wanted the blue one.  Since I wasn't going to give in, she waited until no one was paying attention and took care of it herself.
Victory="Blue One!"
She also utilized her climbing talents the other day when I was giving Maggie a bath.  I have been letting her help out by putting her into the big tub behind Maggie's little tub and letting her help wash her hair.  She's usually totally into this, but on this particular day her feet got wet or something distracted her, I'm not sure what, but she wasn't going to help anymore, so instead she started screwing around in the bathroom.  So I'm paying attention to the infant in the tub (as I should be) but meanwhile the two year old is climbing into the pedestal sink.  She let's me know by yelling "I'm stuck" (she hasn't figured out yet that it's harder to get down than it was to get up).  Since I can't leave Maggie, I tell her she's going to have to wait until I'm done.  No problem, she just take a fully clothed bath in the sink.  Good times.

Maggie is still an awesome baby.  She hardly cries and if she does, she has a good reason for it.  Molly was the same way, but she was just always awake.  Not so with Maggie. She doesn't sleep as much as she did a week or so ago, but she's still way more into sleeping than Molly was at this point, which makes life easier for sure.  Lately she's been smiling more frequently, but I haven't been able to capture it in a picture yet.  Here's a few pictures of her with pleased looks, but not exactly full on smiles.


She's changed so much already.  Not sure why that surprises me, but it does.  At her 1 month appointment she was 9 lbs and 14 ounces, so she's growing like a champ!
In other news, we have visitors! so expect a post about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment