Tuesday, March 13, 2012

0-3

Sunday was the big day, and I'll just head right into it.  It all started at around 10 when the guy from the jumpy place showed up. I'm not sure why,but Molly kept calling the guy "Allen" I'm pretty sure that wasn't his name and I'm pretty sure that he never even told us his name.  Anyhow, a big thanks to Allen at Little Mosterz Jumpers. Molly and Jonny were supposed to go out and pick up some helium balloons for the party, but once the Strawberry Shortcake jumpy was up, balloons were apparently unnecessary. 
Maggie enjoyed bouncing around too.
Catching some air.
She was so excited about the musical/talking cards that her grannies gave her that she had to bring them into the jumper to dance with them.  It was pretty funny

  Every little kid always goes straight for the frosting.
She kept talking about how she was so excited that all her friends were coming over. 
Kate and Maggie, too cute! 
Best bud Grayson!

 That's my girl!
I'm going to call it, no more than 3 weeks until this one in crawling.
My mom got Molly a really cool "princess tower" for the playroom.  Maggie was playing peekaboo with
me.


I might have to start a separate blog where I post pictures of the places Molly falls asleep.  Still haven't figured out the nap situation.  Today she napped for an hour (I had to wake her) and she didn't go to bed until 10.  In a perfect world she would take a nap and still go to bed from 8-9.  When has Molly's sleep ever been perfect though?

I went to put Maggie down for a nap and left her watching shows on the ipad (mother of the year over here).  Anyhow, this is where she was when I came back.
We have an infestation of mosquitoes and fairies.  The mosquito problem is mainly in Molly's room at night.  She's been waking up in the morning with really bad bites. One bite was right between her eyes and she swelled up so that she looked like one of those creatures from Avatar.  A week or so later she got another bite on her eye and her eye swelled up so that she looked like Chunk from Goonies. I thought maybe it was spiders (heebie jeebie) but after I got bit I decided it was probably a mosquito.  In the end I think the fairy infestation is going to be more difficult to deal with.

Maggie's getting good at using a cup.  I wish she would get better at sleeping.  I can't complain too much about naps.  They're not consistent yet, but she's been pretty good about taking 2 naps a day for at least an hour each.  The first 2 nights in the crib went poorly, but then she had 2 really great night where she only woke up once to eat.  Then that ended and she's back to what she was doing in the Amby which was waking up twice a night. It does suck having to walk across the house when she gets up, but it's also nice to have our room back.



Jonny has a new fishing buddy.  They've gone out three times now.  Maggie and I even went with them once.  So far, no fish...


but some awesome dance moves!





So, Molly's 3 and Maggie is 7 months in a week.  It's funny how you're simultaneously excited for them to grow up ("please start sleeping through the night!/learn how to share") and sad that they're getting so big!  I can't even remember how we got from "oh" to "Mommy you smell like yuck!"...well maybe if you two would let Mommy take a shower without screaming...

2 comments:

  1. Love the booty shake dance move Molly! You guys need to come down to our pond to fish! Grayson caught 4 little fish there tonight!

    ReplyDelete