Sunday, March 25, 2012

Goodnights

We've had some good nights the past few days. Good for a few reasons. One: I've finally become brave enough to let Molly wear "big girl panties" at night instead of a pull up, and it's actually going well (two dry nights so far!) and 2:  Maggie's only gotten up once to eat for 2 nights in a row and went right back to sleep without too much trouble.  Let's hope we can keep this up!  (Of course I know I shouldn't get too excited)
There's also This:  
And this:
She's been pulling a lot of that lately, so I had to lower the crib down so she didn't dive out.  When I say "I" I mean "we" as in Maggie Molly and I.  Normally Jonny would do something like that (I'm not into being liberated in that way) but the timing never worked out and she was always using the crib when he was available to do it.  So I just had to do it.  I wouldn't recommend it.  It wasn't that it was confusing or difficult, it's just that trying to complete a task like that with the soundtrack of screams and whines that is pretty much the soundtrack of my life these days can be maddening.  But, I did it and it seems to be working just fine.

Uncle Chris and Aunt Stephanie sent Molly a totally awesome dragon costume for her birthday.  She loves it, and Maggie seems to think it's okay too.
RAWWW!
My mom always gives me a hard time when I talk about Maggie being a mean baby.  I think she may be coming around to my way of thinking.  She's so grabby and wiggly  when you hold her that's she's almost impossible to contain, it can become exhausting.
Mom even threatened to bite her.  Have to watch out for that Gran.
I think I'm going to officially call her a crawler.  She's been using a combination of pushing up and falling forward and just dragging herself along on her belly, but she can pretty much go where she wants to go.  She can also go from her belly to sitting, so I'm pretty much screwed now.

The search for a new carrier continues.  I tried an Ergobaby performance and hated it, so I bought 3 others to try out.  Hopefully something will work out since she's pretty sure I always need to hold her.

1 comment:

  1. Becca, it's called the G.I. Jane or Joe. Molly loves being a dragon. Halloween costume=check!

    ReplyDelete