Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Adventure!

Molly likes to talk about adventures and really, doing anything with a 3 year old and a 7 month old is an adventure, but from her point of view our life isn't really all that adventurous. This past weekend we took her on a little adventure (very little).  Jonny had remembered that there were some petroglyphs nearby and so we went to look for them.  Jonny was operating from knowledge obtained on a 3rd grade field trip so I was skeptical of his ability to actually remember and find where they were.  I'm such a pain in the ass that way.  It turns out though that in 3rd grade, Jonny was REALLY interested in petroglyphs and so he retained  that information.  He even told me what some of them meant or at least what his 3rd grade teacher told them they meant.
She's off!
Maggie came along, but mostly slept.  She's blowing raspberries here...she LOVES to do that!
She's really into smelling flowers.  Not sure these were particularly fragrant.
Here we are at the "top" of the "mountain".  She's very enthusiastic.  I guess I shouldn't knock the K'tan too much since it has served me well and in this very picture, Maggie is totally passed out in it, but looking at her here all dangly, makes me glad that I just bought a different, more structured carrier.  I'll let you know how it goes.
Found them!
In case you were dying to know what they were looking at.  There were actually several spots around there that had some, but these were the easiest to get to.
Jonny is now responsible to find us a new adventure to go on next weekend.  It should be pretty easy since anything that is running around outside (preferably not near your own home) qualifies as an adventure when you're 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment