Considering all of the deadly seismic activity going on, I was particularly grateful to wake up after a full nights sleep (3rd in a row) and go in to Molly's room with Jonny and sing "Happy Birthday" to her little smiling face. I hope that everyone affected by this, can find peace and safety in the coming weeks.
I thought I should take some pictures of Molly on her big day, just to show what she's up to. Here she is doing some of her favorite things. Reading her favorite book, while watching TV. Life's simple when you're two.
Like I said, Molly slept through the night the past 3 nights. I don't know if shortened naps are helping with that or not, but they're definitely helping in her falling asleep. If we skip a nap altogether, the result is amazing. Sometimes the whole process (including story) only takes like 15 minutes. If she takes an abbreviated nap, we'll still come in at under an hour, which is nice. I have to say it's really hard for me to wake her up. At one time, doing something like that would have been considered an act of treason in our house, punishable by death and everything. It's sort of funny how completely out she is. I go in, shake the crib, yell, sing, stomp around, all that sort of stuff. Then she sort of begrudgingly wakes up and remains pretty drowsy looking for at least 20 minutes. I do sort of miss having the afternoon to myself, but it's worth the reduction of bedtime induced stress.
I forgot to share a funny story from the other day. Margaret and Glen were in town visiting so we had a few lunches out. When Molly goes out to eat, when she sees all of the lemons in every one's teas and waters, she about loses her mind until she gets one. On our second lunch out, as the waiter was taking our drink order, Molly looks right at the waiter and says "I be having lemon". Quite a sentence, and in the correct context and everything! I suppose if you really really need something though, you have to find a way.
Happy 2nd Birthday Beautiful Girl! Hope your day is fabulous and Mommy makes you a scrumptious cake! xoxo - Michaela
ReplyDelete