Well this title would have been true had I posted it yesterday like I had wanted. Unfortunately, it should probably now read
1 hour since an accident. Regardless a completely dry day is a huge achievement and I'm hoping that it's a sign of more to come. Personally, getting over the accidents and just going forward was the hardest part for me. The first week was worse than having a new puppy as far as cleaning up pee goes. It's also super frustrating when I would take her to the bathroom 3 times in 20 minutes with no success only to have her have another accident mere minutes from the last bathroom visit. Fortunately just like everything else it gets better, even if it feels like it won't at the time. I just had to remember that nearly every person on Earth has been potty train in one way or another and that dehydration is not the answer...trust me, it's tempting. Fortunately, I chose NOT to neglect my child for the sake of my sanity...what a lucky girl.
Yesterday
Grayson and
Colbie came over for a play-date. Molly's love of
Colbie still holds strong.

Maybe a little too much love for poor
Colbie.

For some reason, these cabinets haven't been an issue. Every other cabinet an drawer has and probably still is. She discovered these the other day, and I'm sure this won't be the last time she gets stuck in here.

She kept say "Mama,
I's stuck". Even now when she sees these pictures she say "I'm trying to get out"
Yea Molly! Great job on one full day!! There's always mishaps...she's getting there. I wish I could tell you that once they're trained you don't have to clean up pee anymore, but that's not the case. At least not with a boy. Cute pictures with the Bri-Tri kiddos! xoxo
ReplyDeleteCute pics...no worries about the potty training, it'll come. Landon is basically "done" at this point, but I'd be lying if I said that he hasn't had moments that make me scratch my head...like his desire to sneak off and pee in his closet! WTF?
ReplyDeleteawww, she is wearing the outfit Kate got her; it looks adorable on her. I admire your persistence with the potty training!
ReplyDeleteThat outfit is the best for potty training...as well as super cute. I put it on w/o leggings and it's short enough so I don't have to worry about it getting wet. Dustin, I want to say something about how peeing in a closet sounds like a "boy" thing, but I'm afraid I'll be wrong...eating my words while cleaning up closet pee :-)
ReplyDelete