Molly is the proud owner of a new twin sized bed. It became apparent last week that the transition is was probably something that should be done sooner rather than later. I considered getting a new crib and keeping her in the crib a while longer, but in the end this just made more sense. So far, it hasn't been that great, but hey, it's only been one day. I actually did a little test run at Mere's a couple weeks ago where we've set up an old crib mattress on the ground for her to use over there. That was such an utter failure that she almost didn't take a nap that day, until she went to hang out with my mom at her compound house and passed out on the bed there. I suppose I could use the" just wait until she passes" out tactic, but the problem with that is that when she takes a nap too late in the day, it make bedtime at a decent hour difficult and by decent hour I mean 9:00, so you can see why I don't want to get much later than that. Last night went okay, she fought it a little bit, but she was mostly tired and I think she liked that I was on the bed with her. The problem is of course that she can get up and leave a regular bed. It really sucks because I had come to love how simple nap time had become: Read a story, leave the room, feel awesome. Today's nap time went only slightly better than the one at Mere's house. Although the end result was sleep, it was only after tears and frustration (mostly mine on both counts). I thought I could convince her to snuggle up and fall asleep but instead she repeatedly got up and jumped on me, and when she was laying down she would kick me repeatedly, not cool. When I would leave, she would of course just get up and try to leave the room too. Eventually I had to put up the baby gate and close the door (fortunately the strange door jamb allows for that). When I came back later she was ready to lay quietly and fall asleep. Of course my attitude about the whole process is pretty bad because I can't shake the thought in the back of my head that "this is the kind of shit I don't want to put up with when we have a new baby". I know that this is why I'm doing this now and not in August when it would be so much harder.d
Since she's still a crib sleeper in that she rolls around a lot. We thought it would ease the transition if we had something to serve as a bumper so she wouldn't be constantly bumping her head.
She was quite the little helper, helping us clean before we put the bed in place.

We attached some shams to some molding giving the bed a sort of daybed look.


Hopefully this goes better than potty training. After 3 weeks of panties I caved and started putting the pull ups on her. I just felt like I could physically not clean up any more piss (that's what you call it when it's all over your floors, your couch, your life). If I'm going to count any victory from this it's that she at least tells me when she has to poop. I suppose I should be grateful that I've had to clean up very little of
that. Here's an example of an act of defiance (they're becoming more frequent). She was playing in her water table the other day and I told her we needed to go inside. Since she was sopping wet I took her clothes off, but before I could drag her inside, she was back in the water table butt naked.
How come she makes defiance look so cute?



Here's something I feel terrible about. With Molly, from about 16 weeks on, I took frequent belly pictures. This is the first time I have taken a picture and I'm 25 weeks in. This is my formal apology to baby girl M. I am hoping that I get it together and get some nice maternity pictures taken when we get a little closer. Of course, I can't imagine how huge I'm going to look in those.
No comments:
Post a Comment