This year I let her help out in dyeing the eggs, and although I was certain that this was going to result in a cheery rainbow colored catastrophe in my kitchen, she actually did pretty well, and we managed to keep all the messes contained to the counter.
Plunk!
She was so enamored with the Easter eggs from her egg dyeing experience that it took very little encouragement to get her to go find them in the morning. As soon as she saw her first "hidden" egg, she was game to find them all. I'm of course a total buzz kill and didn't get her any Easter candy. Her concept of candy is pretty limited so it wasn't like she felt like she was missing out plus the unfortunate truth is that I would just end up eating it all anyway. Do as I say not as I do.
Getting geared up for the hunt.
The egg on the slide proved to be a little tricky.
with a little help she figured it out.
She found the egg I had hid in an old jar without any help
She even came up with a solution as to how to get it into the basket.
All done! Which actually turned out to be a bit of a problem. She "loved Easter" so much that she wanted more and more eggs to find. I'm guessing she'll talk about it for quite awhile to come.
Fortunately, when we went over to Cassie and Ben's house later, Madeline had a little egg hunt for her too. She was so nice and she actually hid the eggs for her twice so she could keep the Easter buzz going.
Thanks for the great egg hunt Madeline!
All in all Easter was a big hit this year. Fun for Molly and fun to watch.
Fantastic pictures. She is absolutely adorable!! I miss her! Glad she had fun with the Easter egg hunt!
ReplyDeleteLOVE her dress! And it looks like she let you do pigtails! So cute!
ReplyDelete